trade my tacoma for a wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on trade my tacoma for a wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys im from so cal, ive always had two dream cars, a toyota tacoma and a wrx. I got ...

trade my tacoma for a wrx

hey guys im from so cal, ive always had two dream cars, a toyota tacoma and a wrx. I got my tacoma because it can carry surfboards. I love speed, so I figure that I can get a WRX with a surf/snowboard rack.

I want to get a wrx or even possibly an S2k to slightly mod and to take to the track once in a while.

For a young driver ~20 yrs old, which insurance cost is higher on average? WRX or S2k?
    let me know your opinions if you have any, Private messages are easiest for me, thanks!
    Last edited by Kazi; 09-23-2009 at 05:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    Can anyone tell me what insurance costs would be like for a young driver like me with a clean driving record(almost 20 yrs old)?
    No, no we can't. There are too many variables for us to even guess in the ballpark. Call your insurance agent and get a quote for the car you want.

edit: Also, what year tacoma? miles? pics?

that makes sense, ill edit my post accordingly.
    it's a 1999 and heres a link to the post in the classifieds section

1999 Tacoma TRD for trade for WRX (SoCal)

Could I pick up a used WRX for $6000-7000?. I have been searching the classifieds of craigslist and noticed that the prices have gone up, or the good deals of the summer are gone. I saw a WRX for $7000 this month (on CLubWRX) which seemed like a steal!

My guess would be the S2K would be higher one. Both are "performance oriented" vehicles but the fact the S2K is a convertible may make that one higher.... but check with your agent as mentioned above.

WRX's in that price range are usually extremely high mileage or a salvage/rebuilt title.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Definitely should get an insurance quote to be sure but I'd bet the s2k is lower. The WRX for what ever reason seems to have a unusually high rate, my insurance went down when I got my 350z.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    No, no we can't. There are too many variables for us to even guess in the ballpark. Call your insurance agent and get a quote for the car you want.
    Agreed.

Let's not generalize here. Call your insurance company and have them give you a quote, period. There is no information that anyone on here can give you that is worthwhile unless they have your same insurance company and personal statistics, including credit score (highly unlikely).

FYI, actuaries calculate premiums based on the risk pools in their companies along with the vehicle that is being insured. Not only that but they have to adhere to state laws and the legal system, uninsured rate, and a multitude of factors you'd never think of. It is just entirely too complex to say car X will be more to insure than car Y, especially if they are in the same general class of cars. But I digress...

i would think twice before buying a used wrx for 6-7k, something is up if its too cheap.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

i just found a 2004 WRX for $5800 asking price in a classified ad. It is WRBlue, has a spoiler, and ~170,000 miles. Also stock motor and looks to be unmodded.

It needs A/C work, and also said 5th gear has a slight grind when engaging (Not sure what is wrong with it)
    Sounds like the seller is being honest, what do you guys think?

BTW my tacoma has 150,000 miles so I don't care about mileage as long as it runs great

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i just found a 2004 WRX for $5800 asking price in a classified ad. It is WRBlue, has a spoiler, and ~170,000 miles. Also stock motor and looks to be unmodded.

It needs A/C work, and also said 5th gear has a slight grind when engaging (Not sure what is wrong with it)
    Walk, no Run away, fast!
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

its a lot of miles, but still thats too cheap in my eyes, for an 04? there at least 12k where i live for a decent one. what if that 5th gear is actually a major tranny problem waiting to happen? you could take it to a subaru dealer and have them take a look at it but they wont find everything, and certainly can't predict the future. Personally i would stay away.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

B4 I bought my 09 WRX, I quoted a used 06 S2k. The premium for the WRX is $2050. The S2k was quoted at $2400.

Oh...and fyi, my old M3 was only $1900.

That S2k is on expensive car to insure!! Almost 15% more.
    NEW!! 09 WRX 5-door Black Base
    Old - 2006 Geep GC Hemi
    Older - 06 M3 Vert
    Oldest - 04 WRX WRB - cobb stage 2, borla 3" exhaust, erz dp

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Could I pick up a used WRX for $6000-7000?
    None worth getting. I would never spend less than $9k on a used WRX.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post

BTW my tacoma has 150,000 miles so I don't care about mileage as long as it runs great
    Walk, no Run away, fast!
    Fixed4u

It's a PreRunner. Nice taco none the less ..Yeah you might want to do a little more homework rather than jumping in on a "too good to be true " of a price on a used WRX. especially if you want it to last almost as much as the Toy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.