Looking for other enthusiasts in the area
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for other enthusiasts in the area within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey so im new to this site and to subaru. i have had a few cars in my past; 1990 ...

Smile Looking for other enthusiasts in the area

hey so im new to this site and to subaru. i have had a few cars in my past; 1990 celica gts, 02 celica gts, 02 yukon denali, 06 xB, 09 tC and now my 09 WRX Premium sedan. I love this car and am big into upgrading into performance parts... heck i have only had the car for little over 2 weeks and i have done all the comfort upgrades and just yesterday got the SPT exhaust done (which sounds unbelievably amazing) for a really good price (part and service coupons and new buyer discounts freaking rule). So now im trying to really get into the subaru culture and find out what i have been missing all this time. The WRX has always been a dream car of mine and now i want to see if i can find like minded enthusiasts out there or a club with regular meetings where we can share upgrade stories, help each other pick and install parts and such. So if anyone is out in the Philladelphia, PA area (im about an hour south) drop a line and help me find what i have been missing.
    on a final note im doing a bov install more than likely in the next few days so any input would be appreciated. havent bought the bov yet but im looking at the Synapse Synchronic BOV Kit for 08+ WRX if you have any thoughts/ideas id be happy to read em.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club! dont ruin your brand new $25,000+ car with a BOV.

research research research

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

Whereabouts in PA?

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...17-2009-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    dont ruin your brand new $25,000+ car with a BOV.

^^ Truth
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by 09wrxPREMIUM View Post
    ... Philladelphia, PA area (im about an hour south..
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Whereabouts in PA?..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Oooo Shake that ass DUB

Welcome to the club!

(DON'T BUY A BOV!!!!)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Smile

Thanks for the feedback... I'm not going to get the bov. Kinda ticked though, I talked to my local Subaru dealer and they said that Subaru hasn't put out a cold air intake for the 08-09 generation yet and that they might not actually put one out. I really hope they do though... Keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways I'll be looking into other worth while mods for the time being though, I love my new wrx as is. And for those who want to know I live in south PA. closest big town is Exton/Downingtown and right now I commute to my campus in Media. So if anyone is from around here and knows a good club to join up with or people to meet who are car enthusiasts let me know please.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post

Quickly skimming over posts without reading is bad.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Good Speed here in PHX has a prototype CAI. It's a monster, I'll be gunning for one before my tune.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome to the club! dont ruin your brand new $25,000+ car with a BOV.

Quote Originally Posted by 09wrxPREMIUM View Post
    hey so im new to this site and to subaru. i have had a few cars in my past; 1990 celica gts, 02 celica gts, 02 yukon denali, 06 xB, 09 tC and now my 09 WRX Premium sedan. I love this car and am big into upgrading into performance parts... heck i have only had the car for little over 2 weeks and i have done all the comfort upgrades and just yesterday got the SPT exhaust done (which sounds unbelievably amazing) for a really good price (part and service coupons and new buyer discounts freaking rule). So now im trying to really get into the subaru culture and find out what i have been missing all this time. The WRX has always been a dream car of mine and now i want to see if i can find like minded enthusiasts out there or a club with regular meetings where we can share upgrade stories, help each other pick and install parts and such. So if anyone is out in the Philladelphia, PA area (im about an hour south) drop a line and help me find what i have been missing.
    on a final note im doing a bov install more than likely in the next few days so any input would be appreciated. havent bought the bov yet but im looking at the Synapse Synchronic BOV Kit for 08+ WRX if you have any thoughts/ideas id be happy to read em.
    Welcome to the community! I'm about 45 minutes north of Philly in Bucks, County.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post

Quickly skimming over posts without reading is bad.
    Yes, it often leads to embarrassing self pwnage.

(ask me how I know )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.