Possible 1st time Suby owner with ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Possible 1st time Suby owner with ? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Someone in my area is selling a 2006 WRX Wagon with 96,000 "senior" driven miles, heated leather seats (it gets ...

Possible 1st time Suby owner with ?

Someone in my area is selling a 2006 WRX Wagon with 96,000 "senior" driven miles, heated leather seats (it gets pretty cold here), 5mt, plus an extra set of rims with blizzak snow tires for $9,800. To me that seems like an excellent deal, unless he/she is using a fake picture, or it has a salvage title. The car isn't that old, but are there any normal problems with these once it gets past 100K? What is the scheduled maintenance that should be done if it hasn't already? I am pretty comfortable with intermediate skill level repairs, or my mechanic brother can assist. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1) sky high mileage
    2) extremely low price

like you said something isnt right. i wouldnt even put the effort into investigating even further as it's probably a scam

as far as maintenance, regular oil changes of course is a must.. at 100k the timing belt would probably need to be replaced soon

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't touch it. That's how many miles are on my '02 WRX and that prices is waaay too low. Sounds like someone is trying to ditch it.

Thanks, I'll give that car the proverbial finger and move on with my search.

Have them define "senior". Senior high school? Senior in college? Senior citizen? Joe senior? Normally cars owned by the older generation tend to have extremely low miles and not extrmemly high. That is 30k+ miles a year
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.