Newb and interested in where to start

This is a discussion on Newb and interested in where to start within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, I got my self a 01 uk bugeye with 43k on the clock around 5 weeks ago love ...

Newb and interested in where to start

Hi all, I got my self a 01 uk bugeye with 43k on the clock around 5 weeks ago love it but.... I now want more power and do a few tweaks with the suspension.

Bit about the car 1st its got the pro drive kit from standed so that includes pro drive rear silencer and 3rd cat delete, a silicone intercooler hose and a remap "supposely" they left the factory with 260hp. It's got 4 pots upfront and 2 pot brakes on the rear.

Now this yr I can do 1 of the following things:

Decat uppipe, Decat downpipe, walbro fuel pump, green panel filter and a remap = 270-280hp

or

whiteline 22mm rear adj arb with alloy links and front anti lift kit, decent tyres and geo set up. As I love blasting down country lanes.

I really dont know what to do 1st as I got spanked by a evo last night and really want more power but is 10-20hp really going to feel noticably quicker? Or shall I wait till next yr and buy a hybrid td04 which will produce around 310/310 with them exhaust mods and still get full boost by 2.5k? Dont want a lagy car.

So really in your opinions which out of them two would you do 1st?

Sorry for the long 1st post

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What do you want more? Power, or cornering ability? Personally, I'd choose cornering ability, but that's because I make canyon runs, and do the occasional autocross.

If getting spanked by an Evo is that damaging to your ego, go for power, however 10-20hp isn't going to get you as fast as he is. It will be noticable, but not nearly enough.

Spoze at the end of the day there's always going to be quicker cars around.

Alot of my enjoyable driving comes from tight country lanes so I guess suspension is the way to go for the time being.

Do you think the 22mm arb is big enough for a daily drive and what about diff lock bolts do they do much?

Cheer's