Possibly new member to the family. Coming from S4 , Rx8, to possibly a Rex.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possibly new member to the family. Coming from S4 , Rx8, to possibly a Rex. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; *Edit* *Update* Hey guys. Im Alan. Just wanted to swing over and say that Im in the market for a ...

Possibly new member to the family. Coming from S4 , Rx8, to possibly a Rex.

*Edit* *Update*

Hey guys. Im Alan. Just wanted to swing over and say that Im in the market for a new car. I've had an 00 S4 which I loved, though it was an automatic since it was my first car but got rid of it due to it having high mileage and didn't want to risk any problems, and presently have an 07 Rx8, which I learned manual on, and loved the car at first, but I've had so many damn problems with. Im convinced its a lemon. ANYWAY. So I've been in the lookout for a new car possibly. Even before the S4, I had almost purchased an 05 Sti. I've loved the subies from way back when, and had always wanted it even as my first car. Ended up skipping over it though due to such high insurance for theft reasons here in NJ. Started looking at the 08 R32's but I need manual! Then I started looking at the 08 09 Wrx's. At first I hated the hatch, which is mainly why I hadn't even thought about purchasing a Subie, but then it grew on me and now I love it so much. Im convinced this car is the car for me. Awesome power and torque (which is lacking in the rx8) and AWD which again, the Rx8 blows in NJ snow, and who can forget that awesome rumble that I cant get enough of.

Anyway, sorry for the long read guys. Just wanted to share my excitement with all you guys and Ill keep you guys updated! Cant wait for the snow to come
    Last edited by Alano; 09-15-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: update

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I drove a 05 S4 convertable, it was amazing, most fun car I have even driven, and talk about engine rumble and exhaust note. So if you can afford a newer S4 and the crazy cost of maintaing a new audi, thats what I would go for lol. Otherwise STi is amazing, and R8, while its cool, it doesnt sound to practical for where you live and I dont think you got a lemon, I think thats a rotary mazda lol
    -Stink-Eye Mob #13 -

2008 WRBlue WRX (sold)
    2013 ISM WRX 5dr

the newer wrx's are pretty nice cars, all around, more stylish than the older years imo. and as you said AWD, thats the name of the game here. i live in MN and awd has saved me more times than i'd care to talk about. thats a really good choice, i'v heard of quite a few members here with the 09's and they love em. Good luck
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Lol rotary, yes, and I've meticulously maintained it and still have had problems with it, but yes you're right, the practicality isn't for the weather we get around here 1/4th of the year. As for the B6 S4's yeah they do have a sick exhaust note, most germans do which I also loved, but the Subie has a few more +'s to it. I am a college student, and although I possibly could afford the S, It would be BARELY, which would leave me not having any fun since I'd be so short on funds lol, and yes, the maintenance is a hassle id like to avoid. btw, I loved the 00 S4 simply for the twin turbo, and I'd love to have another turbo car, and the boxer rumble note > anything in its price range, and even above it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    the newer wrx's are pretty nice cars, all around, more stylish than the older years imo. and as you said AWD, thats the name of the game here. i live in MN and awd has saved me more times than i'd care to talk about. thats a really good choice, i'v heard of quite a few members here with the 09's and they love em. Good luck
    Yeah man, I've been checking out some youtube vids on the rex's in the snow. I cant wait to pick one up and tackle it myself. I really feel like they're unstoppable in any terrain, and they can take a beating for the most part. i like the "rugged" aspect I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Alano View Post
    Yeah man, I've been checking out some youtube vids on the rex's in the snow. I cant wait to pick one up and tackle it myself. I really feel like they're unstoppable in any terrain, and they can take a beating for the most part. i like the "rugged" aspect I guess
    yeah they really are great, i do have to say tho thats the mentality i went into my ownership with, and im on bumper #3 in 1 year. so just be aware of that lol. but they really are fun and in the snow you will not be disappointed.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    yeah they really are great, i do have to say tho thats the mentality i went into my ownership with, and im on bumper #3 in 1 year. so just be aware of that lol. but they really are fun and in the snow you will not be disappointed.
    Haha I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I have a terribly steep driveway, and I'd always have to park my 8 all the way infront of my house until I decided to shovel the driveway. Ill be sure not to worry about that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alano View Post
    Haha I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I have a terribly steep driveway, and I'd always have to park my 8 all the way infront of my house until I decided to shovel the driveway. Ill be sure not to worry about that anymore.
    yeah the wrx isn't too low, the rx-8's are pretty low tho so i can see that. but yeah go ahead and get excited for this one lol its a fun time. i love having all the power in the winter, i can spin my tires a little if i want, and while all the fwd cars are going 50 on the highway i can pass at 65 without any worries.

Thats something I can't wait to get back into. Straight line torque and power. I'm not a racer what so ever, but I like to have all that just incase... I need a little bit more getting used to the back of the hatch, I love the front though. Either way I'd buy it over the sedan which I'm not too into. I just need that rumble. I have a neighbor down the street from me who has an 05 Sti. I know when hes leaving his house, and hes allll the way down, maybe 20 houses. I really wouldnt be able to express enough in words how much I love the sound, though Im sure many of you guys can relate.

Btw, I'm still undecided on the color but Im digging the black then blue then white in that order. I hear the nav package etc isnt worth the extra $$ since the audio is still ****. Have you swapped out your HU or any of the sort?

all my audio equiptment is totally stock. the system in the 04s is horrible doesnt sound very good. but im not real into juicing up the sound so its not a big deal for me. And with the color, idk i wanted black but then realized as soon as it starts to fade its gonna have that old paint looks, i mean any car will and it would take a long time but that just drove me away from black. I love the WRB tho, that is probly my fav. it looks so amazing at night.

I haven't heard it myself, I'm just going by what I keep hearing from around here. Im a little stingy though with my music output, not that I blast it, but I like quality so I guess I'll just have to wait and see for myself. Btw, any other clear cut way to bring out the stock bpv sound other then an intake?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if youre getting a pre-08 model you can do an intake & snorkus delete

(http://www.scoobymods.com/intake_sil...=&threadid=113)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    if youre getting a pre-08 model you can do an intake & snorkus delete

(http://www.scoobymods.com/intake_sil...=&threadid=113)
    yes that provides big improvement. other than that i dont know of much. its enough for me, it sounds great without being overbearing.

Yeah, I'm probably going to pick out an 09. Guess that means I'm going to wait for something mod friendly for me to come out. Saw a video with the UR intake from someone on the forum here, the bpv sounded pretty sweet. I'll look into it some more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.