Possibly new member to the family. Coming from S4 , Rx8, to possibly a Rex. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possibly new member to the family. Coming from S4 , Rx8, to possibly a Rex. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah i agree with making the bpv sound as good as possible, as long as its not turing into a ...

yeah i agree with making the bpv sound as good as possible, as long as its not turing into a bov, then it just gets ricey.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats the best year WRX at this point? Is there such a one? Most reliable year or mod friendly.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    most mod friendly: any of the 2.5L (06+)

best year as far as power (stock): 09

however.. 09's are least reliable because certain build dates are having problems and going KABOOM

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

yeah ive heard about the 09's. as long as theyre beyond 9/08 theyre OK so far no?

Only thing I'm debating is the 08 is significantly cheaper then the 09 by about 6k I'm seeing. Wonder if the 6k is worth it. I like the extra 40 hp Exhaust note wise, an SPT will sound the same on a stock 08 vs a stock 09 correct?

In my opinion, there is no reason to get an 08 over an 09... price included.

As long as you don't have one of the "danger" build dates on the 09, you shouldn't have any problems. Now is a wonderful time to get an 09 as the 10s are popping up.

Bad 09 dates are 9/08 and before am I right?

So I have an update to my story. I went to the Subaru dealer today to check out their inventory, and they only had one 08 Wrx Sedan, I sat in it, and ended up loving it, though I didn't pull the trigger since a 5 door is what I'm after. I also got to sit in the new 2010 Legacy Gt, and those things are beautiful inside and out. Subaru did a real good job with that one. I left the dealer empty handed, so when I got home I decided to hit the autotrader.

Now its time for opinions from you guys. I found a:

1. 2008 Wrx hatch with nav, about 5k miles on it for just under 24k.

2. 2008 Wrx hatch no nav, about 6k miles for just under 20k.

3. 2009 Wrx hatch no nav, 1,000 miles, for just under 24k. (6 carfax reports in the database from what I see, no details though since I dont have access)

Now I'd love to get an 09 for the added power, but it just seems as if there aren't too many 09's left around my part of town. I wouldn't mind an 08 though either. I need your help on choosing one of the above. The 2009 looks too good to be true in all honesty, but until I somehow get ahold of the detailed carfax then who knows. Appreciate the help guys.

-Alan

i like option 2 for the fact its 4k cheaper. you could get more than the lost power and navi for 4k. but the 09 is also tempting given you like the hatch. but in Donald Trump's words, "if it seems too good to be true; it is." i like option 2. no reason to throw 3 out tho try to get as much info on that as possible. you can buy some power and a navi, but once you get the sedan you can't switch to hatch. so if you really want the hatch, then i'd wait man.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Well all three options are all hatch's. At the dealer I went to today they only had the sedan, I took a seat in it just to get a general feel of the car. Im really digging option 3, but like I said, I need to get some more info on that, hopefully soon.

How'd you ilke the S4? My brother is very interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by FuturScoobyOwnr View Post
    How'd you ilke the S4? My brother is very interested in one.
    A hell of a car man. I loved that thing. Throw some snow tires on it in the winter and it can almost compete with the Subie In all honesty though, it's a great car if you can afford the maintenance. Germans can get quite expensive. Very mod friendly though. A 300$ ecu chip would boost you up to 60hp in some cases. Im speaking of the 00-02 models though, only twin turbo years. I think it would be quite hard to find a low mileage one at this point. Theyre like the wrx's. Hard to find a stock one, and once modded, they can go rotten if they arent taken care of properly, especially the turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by Alano View Post
    Well all three options are all hatch's. At the dealer I went to today they only had the sedan, I took a seat in it just to get a general feel of the car. Im really digging option 3, but like I said, I need to get some more info on that, hopefully soon.
    haha my mistake i misread. well i like option 2 for sure then.

So anyone else care to chime in?

I also like option #2. Like The_Buck already said with 4k you can add plenty of power and still get a sweet navi. check out the 08 w/out nav.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast