WRX Newb with an '09 5DR
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Newb with an '09 5DR within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself! Purchased my first WRX about 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 2009 ...

Thumbs up WRX Newb with an '09 5DR

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself! Purchased my first WRX about 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 2009 5 door in Spark Silver Metallic, and I am absolutely in love with it! Upgraded from a 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S special edition, i miss the stereo, and thats about it! I have wanted a WRX since before i was old enough to drive(im 23), and i couldnt be happier with my purchase.

Now that im done with my introduction, onto the newb questions. Modifying my ride. I know i want the SPT exhaust. And i mainly plan to stick with suspension mods(i live in central WA state, lots of fun mountain backroads!!). But i would like to get up to a solid 300HP at the wheels. What would be my fastest route there in your opinion(s)? Any advice appreciated! Thanks guys!
    --
    Mikey

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club and nice choice.

Ah the quest for 300...

if maintaining the factory warranty is not something you want to do then go straight to stage 2 which consists of:
    TBE (turbo back exhaust)
    possibly a CAI
    Tune (various routes...AP, Opensource, Greddy, Hydra...)

all that should get you around the 300awhp range.
    <-----#1 Fanboi
    Stink-Eye-Mob #19
    ECU cracked by RomRaider

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnews View Post
    Welcome to the club and nice choice.

Ah the quest for 300...

if maintaining the factory warranty is not something you want to do then go straight to stage 2 which consists of:
    TBE (turbo back exhaust)
    possibly a CAI
    Tune (various routes...AP, Opensource, Greddy, Hydra...)

all that should get you around the 300awhp range.
    Doesnt SPT do tuning? If so, that maintains the warranty, right?

I don't think SPT does the pipes... just the catback exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.