just got hold of a 09 wrx ...now help me out here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on just got hold of a 09 wrx ...now help me out here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; alright so heres the deal. my brother purchased an 09 5 door wrx. An event happen and now im left ...

Talking just got hold of a 09 wrx ...now help me out here

alright so heres the deal. my brother purchased an 09 5 door wrx. An event happen and now im left with the car for a while.

Now, i know how to drive stick as a "basic driver" but i never really got into tunning and all that before so im a little lost in terms of how i can become a better driver and get this car kickin ass.

Starting off with launching. in the threads i here people using the phrase, " dont let the clutch slip". what is that exaclly and what should you be doing instead. Along with launching, since the car is stock and no launch control, how high should i rev up to? and when i let go of the clutch should i just raise my foot up steady, fast? i was told by one guy that he just let the tip of the clutch to his toe and when time came he would just let slide his toe off and let it fly up on his own since its the fastest way. And while preparing to launch i notice people constantly rev their engines, whats the whole purpose of that? is it just better for your car?

Now, out of a launch and in first gear, i know some people have their launch control set up to like say 5000rpm so in a matter of seconds before they redline, theyre already in second. now i dont have launch control so say if i launched out of 3-4000 rpm, when should i bump to second cause i feel like by the time im at 4-5000 its not getting anymore power out of it and i should just shift

When shifting while racing, i know its key to get into the next gear fast as possible, and i can do that smothly from 2nd to 3rd to 4th to 5th, but from 1st to 2nd i feel a big "lurch" in the car and if i dont have any music on, I can hear it actually switch. am i not letting it out fast enough? too fast? waiting to late to shift/. too long?

now here comes the tunning part. i know theres different " stages" of parts but what does that technically mean? would a stage 1 clutch be better than a stage 2? or does it just depend on what im going for? same question for turbo. and as for an exhaust. what would be better cause i heard its best to stick to subaru parts since theyre tested for them and modified to the car needs

and with the gauges like for the turbo, what does the psi mean?

whats flat foot shifting?

Well if you got this far reading i really appreciate it. just tryna gain more knowledge and startin off just like you all did. and if you have any other info or sites you think i need feel free to let me know

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! What would your brother think if he knew you were planning to do all this stuff to his car. Is he aware of your intentions?

To answer all your questions in the easiest way possible is to say search for it. All of your questions have been answered in far more detail than i can type at the moment.

Others sites you can look at for info is nasioc.com (good site for info but alot of pr*c*s on there, i-club.com and check out 3gwrx.com since you have the 09.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

well when i started off i was happy and content with my car, i didnt wanna race it and launch it. im not gonna answer all ur q's cuz thats way too many. but search stages and you'll get the exact answers ur looking for. dont get a new turbo. that'd be foolish at this point. an exhaust, get a TBE if you dont mind being loud. dont change out the clutch, the stock is made by exedy and a good clutch. if your really pumpin up the hp then look into that. if you get intake, tbe, and a tune then ur sitting at stage 2, which in many cases is plenty for dd. if you got a turbo u would basically need new injectors, new intercooler, new inlet hose, and whatever other supporting mods im forgetting. if you juice up the hp enough then the wrx engine is being put at risk and the tranny would be in trouble.

... your brothers gonna be pissed.
    Last edited by The_Buck; 09-07-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.