Is an WRX auto even worth it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Is an WRX auto even worth it? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by CJ05 How shallow are those people. I wonder if they would be judgemental of my cousin cause ...

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    How shallow are those people. I wonder if they would be judgemental of my cousin cause he drives auto since he only has one leg and isn't able to work a clutch.

My mother in law has an auto WRX, though not as fun as driving a manual it is still a great car and nothing to be ashamed of.

You can always teach your fiance how to drive a manual though. You never know when it will come in handy and is always a good thing to know.
    yeah they are shallow and i cant stand the subaru ppl around here. its the only place to take a wrx around here and they treat you like **** if you dont have a highly modded near show car shape sti, as for the auto's im sure there fun. i was just puttin it out there.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IMO

i drove an auto before i got my wrx.
    omg, i almost wanted to kill myself
    so boringggggg ZzZzZ

My friend used to own an automatic g35....he ended up trading it in for the exact same one in stick...with the brembo package.

It really depends how into driving you are. i dont like automatics unless i have no other choice or theres a serious amount of traffic. Some people like it, some people dont. everyone has different tastes. The auto is definitely not like the stick one, i know that for a fact.

ps. GTI's are slow
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    If your world is automatics, then the WRX will be a fun choice within those parameters. Good luck with your purchase!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby3 View Post
    um who cares about what other people think about YOUR car... and if people dont respect you because you choose to drive an automatic then those people arent worth talking to. get what is best for your situation... if its an auto, so be it. doesnt make you less cool or respected... you still have a well-built, fun car. best of luck to you and your fiancee, you will love the WRX
    that

i agree that a legacy gt might be a good choice, they are nice cars plus the autos (if i remember right) have that tran-auto feature that lets you tell it when to shift or put it in drive and let the car do all the work. they look sharp and have a good powerplant under the hood. you still get awd and all the love that makes a scooby what they are. thats what i would do.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)

The car will feel the same for the most part. I test drove the auto when looking at the my 08 Rex (which is manual) just for kicks. It was a fun little car--there is no denying it. The only downside is that it wasn't as much fun as the manual... It's a little doggier and not quite as punchy from any speed. Definitely give it a try though. If you just test the auto, you will like it for sure (just don't try the stick... haha). Good luck!
    -Stink-Eye Mob #999-

2008 WRB WRX, Rally Armor Mud-flaps, ERZ Catless 3" exhaust, Tsudo DP, COBB AP (Stage 2)

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't listen to anyone talking about how a stick is so much better especially if you're buying this car for the two of you to drive, knowing that in a few years you'll get something for yourself.

Sure, stick can be fun but in Brooklyn and Strong Isle it ain't that fun. An auto's going to be just as capable of a car and you'll both be able to enjoy it. You get the motor, the handling, the AWD, the Suby Community, and only at the cost of a third pedal.

I don't think I have to talk you into one, but if my choices were a GTI and a WRX I'd pick the one with AWD. Of course I'd rather see my girl in a Suby (which she is) so I'm slightly biased, but I can't think of any reason not to get one if those are your choices.

I drove auto my whole life until my manual WRX. Before, I couldn't care less about driving... it was just a necessary thing to get me to work, etc. Now with my stick shift WRX, I find myself wanting to drive for no reason other than to drive! I've never driven an auto WRX, but I am sure it is wonderful to drive as well. If that is what you want you should go for it! I think the WRX is a much better car than the GTI and it is definitely more reliable!

I love my manual but when Im in traffic I curse it, lol! First gear is too short and 2nd gear is just too tall for me...it gets so annoying...either way its a win win situation...cause at the end of the day you will still be driving a WRX!!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

think about the long run also.

how hard will it be to sell an auto wrx once you want to get rid of it?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

I just bought a 2002 wrx wagon auto. It was a personal choice to WANT an auto. The car I traded in for it was a 5spd and yes it was fun to drive at times, but in stop and go traffic it gets old. Yes, some well most people givens **** about getting an auto but the entire car fits my needs my wrx has everything I wanted in a car. Everypower option. Auto clean and lower miles.

It still has all the power I need. I just got tired of driving standard.

When people give me **** about it being an auto I just tell them I wanted the auto for the life style I have rightnow.

Granted 6-12 months later I'm sure I'll upgrade to a 06-07 wrx 5spd but for now the change from 5spd to auto was perfect.

If auto you want get it. Dont buy a 5spd to 'impress' others. You'll regret it in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12