Nasioc = Dush bag central
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nasioc = Dush bag central within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been visiting above forum, reading and posting and must say that most of the time you spend just ...

Nasioc = Dush bag central

I have been visiting above forum, reading and posting and must say that most of the time you spend just reading two or three guys arguing about there opinions more than getting an answer. DUSH Bag how about a little newbie help instead of a pissing contest! Now I will say that this does not apply to everyone there but there are a lot that do. Just Sayin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    dush, lol.

AskOxford: douche

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstriker1 View Post
    I have been visiting above forum, reading and posting and must say that most of the time you spend just reading two or three guys arguing about there opinions more than getting an answer. DUSH Bag how about a little newbie help instead of a pissing contest! Now I will say that this does not apply to everyone there but there are a lot that do. Just Sayin
    You're the reason we exist here at ClubDub

Srsly though... I think most agree with you. It takes a lot of sifting through information to actually get a good answer on there...
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

somewhere in the nowhere of somethings mind eye of a nothing
    after lurkin clubdub ans nasioac for a few months its clear the forum i went with because of the feel of welcomeness i got here
    "if you want peace, prepare for war", latin proverb and common sense
    "Why do penguins take smoke breaks?"

DUB
    NASIOC is a better resource for archived information, no doubt. With a little searching skillz you can find literally any info you need.

As far as a nice forum in which to participate in discussion, no contest, clubdub FTW!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    NASIOC is a better resource for archived information, no doubt. With a little searching skillz you can find literally any info you need.

As far as a nice forum in which to participate in discussion, no contest, clubdub FTW!
    IWSTi is a good forum too. I just don't spend any time there
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    IWSTi is a good forum too. I just don't spend any time there
    For info or for discussion? Isn't it STi focused though?

Gotta agree with dub here, I feel like this is a community of people genuinely interested in their wrxs and everything about them, rather than just boosting power or bragging. The responses i've gotten have been helpful but not condescending considering my nubness

I Support ClubWRX
    I find both sites useful and have been a member on both sites since 2002.

I don't post on NASIOC simply because it's not necessary. The answers are already there, and rarely is there a new question on the site. In that sense, almost no one "needs" to post there IMO since the archives are quite deep.

For new topics and discussion I prefer it here since there is much less noise.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+1 on the less noise. Not that nasioc isn't useful, but there is sooo much fluff to sift through.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post

I don't post on NASIOC simply because it's not necessary. The answers are already there, and rarely is there a new question on the site. In that sense, almost no one "needs" to post there IMO since the archives are quite deep.

For new topics and discussion I prefer it here since there is much less noise.
    Exactly.
    Less noise is a good way to put it. It's remarkable how fast that forum can move. You can select a thread from the "New Posts" page, spend a few minutes reading it, then by the time you hit the "New Posts" link again that thread is at the bottom of the page.
    It's the 35th largest forum on the web, for Christ's sake. I feel like you would have to be on there 8 hours a day to keep up with everything that is going on.

^ Yeah it is which is good and bad I suppose

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've been on NASIOC since 2002 and there has been a drastic change in the quality of persons on that board. Simply put, the people over there have become dumber and dumber over the years and it's a pain in the ass for new people to learn much when so much of the advice on there is bad. One bit of bad information can trickle down and it doesn't take long before other people start spouting it as well. I've spent years trying to change this but people simply don't like being told they are wrong. I've become a more cynical person online because of it (for that reason and for a similar problem on a WWII forum I used to be on).

I've even made a chart. The original people on the board when I joined where very informative and knew their stuff, but because our cars have gotten so inexpensive it's become the new Honda Civic.

/NASIOC rant

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    I've been on NASIOC since 2002 and there has been a drastic change in the quality of persons on that board. Simply put, the people over there have become dumber and dumber over the years and it's a pain in the ass for new people to learn much when so much of the advice on there is bad. One bit of bad information can trickle down and it doesn't take long before other people start spouting it as well. I've spent years trying to change this but people simply don't like being told they are wrong. I've become a more cynical person online because of it (for that reason and for a similar problem on a WWII forum I used to be on).

I've even made a chart. The original people on the board when I joined where very informative and knew their stuff, but because our cars have gotten so inexpensive it's become the new Honda Civic.

/NASIOC rant
    A rock, bahahahahah. This reminds me of Demetri Martin and his charts. ...You see, the cuter the girl is, the more I'm willing to hear about the cat. "Oh really?" "Yeah, he's very intuitive." But you'll notice, at a certain point, I don't care how cute you are. I don't wanna hear about your ****ing cat anymore.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    lol @ dush bag

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast