New member in need of some help and advice!

This is a discussion on New member in need of some help and advice! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello I just joined the forum, I live in colorado and am currently trying to find a Subie to purchase. ...

New member in need of some help and advice!

Hello I just joined the forum, I live in colorado and am currently trying to find a Subie to purchase. I am thinking that the best bet for me would be to by a buyeye WRX? Reasons being they are cheaper on insurance, cheaper to purchase and better MPG. Please give me feedback on this? Also i am looking into doing a 16G turbo upgrade and the Cobb Accessport along with injectors, fuel pump and such am i capable of over 350WHP with this? please give me your best advice on this? Also does anyone know of one for sale in colorado by chance or close by? Thanks for your time, Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

350whp with a 16g huh? since all mods take differently to each car its tough to say, it would depend on the other mods as well, but that might be tough to attain. you could def get a snappy car with plenty of torque. i agree with your choice of the bugeye, yeah they are cheaper and all that. one thing i must advise it NOT to buy an already modded car no matter how good you think it may be. they will cause you problems and cost lots of money like 85% of the time.

my knowledge of turbos is limited but as for the 16g's i would advise an evoIII 16g. not just any ol thing. with your list of mods u need to take into consideration all the other things u must do too, if your getting a new turbo u'll need a better inlet hose ($350 at least) and and intercooler ($500 for a cheap tmic), u'll need the tune (350), a TBE ($1000 if ur lucky). modding the wrx's isnt cheap so look at everything.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykchek View Post
    I am thinking that the best bet for me would be to by a buyeye WRX? Reasons being they are cheaper on insurance, cheaper to purchase and better MPG... Also i am looking into doing a 16G turbo upgrade and the Cobb Accessport along with injectors, fuel pump and such...
    If you are considering doubling the power output of the stock car I'd not be too concerned about fuel economy.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If you are considering doubling the power output of the stock car I'd not be too concerned about fuel economy.
    hahaha great point. the AP will help but yeah have fun with 8mpg
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

ok i guess i just dont know raw numbers or true WHP on a wrx so maybe 350 whp was a bit high, i just want it to be faster then an Sti and faster then everything on the road, cars being the horrible investment that they are i wanna atleast make the better decision. I guess what im asking is what are you thoughts on going Sti vs Wrx? beside the obvious reasons? I need to uy ,y vehicle here pretty quick and am feeling torn i guess, also there is a guy with one for sale on here the 02 blue one that i want to look at however everyone says if it has mods DONT buy it? So should i stay away from it? Thanks got your time already

Quote Originally Posted by Mykchek View Post
    ok i guess i just dont know raw numbers or true WHP on a wrx so maybe 350 whp was a bit high, i just want it to be faster then an Sti and faster then everything on the road, cars being the horrible investment that they are i wanna atleast make the better decision. I guess what im asking is what are you thoughts on going Sti vs Wrx? beside the obvious reasons? I need to uy ,y vehicle here pretty quick and am feeling torn i guess, also there is a guy with one for sale on here the 02 blue one that i want to look at however everyone says if it has mods DONT buy it? So should i stay away from it? Thanks got your time already
    try reading this entire website..all the questions your asking can be answered in majority of the stickies.....my personal opinion is that you need to really sit back and think of what you really want out of your car..are you going to be taking this to the track everyday? if so then yes mod the hell out of your car soo it blows the doors off your opponent..if not then why spend all that money to just be able to drive faster than someone on the road? wrx's are faster stock than mostly every stupid ricer youll see on the road...RESEARCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH