03 wrx cobb AP

This is a discussion on 03 wrx cobb AP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just bought this 2003 wrx.. this car came with a sti exhaust cat back and a cobb access port.. ...

03 wrx cobb AP

i just bought this 2003 wrx.. this car came with a sti exhaust cat back and a cobb access port.. i also came by a walboro 255 fuel pump and a aps 70mm intake.. was wondering if this would be good enough for a stage 2 or should i go with a better exhaust.. i really dont want anything thats too loud even tho almost all the aftermarket exhaust are.. i hav way too many bored cops where i live and im in the military so when i drive on base they always follow me when i have loud rides.. any input would be helpfull... thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    for stage 2 you need a turboback exhaust. that means since you already have a catback you just need to get a downpipe. you would also need a catless uppipe to go along with it.

also- the stage 2 map notes do not say anything about a fuel pump. you should be following the map notes to a "tee" if you are using the ones provided. i'd possibly consider a custom tune especially since you have an intake as well

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Check the cobb website for the necessary requirments per stage. Before moving to Stage 2 replace your uppipe with a catless one (this is not stated in the requiremements but it is highly recommended) The tune is for use with the stock airbox and stock air filter, any modifications to this can cause the vehicle to run lean (I have a K&N drop in and my A/F ratio is still good though)

The upgraded fuel pump comes into play when you do a turbo swap to something bigger, i.e. VF 39.

So for now, get yourself a downpipe (bellmouth or divorced, catted or catless) catless uppipe, and reflash!
    Last edited by CJ05; 09-04-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

so did u notice a big difference after that.. i was thinking of getting an invidia up and dwnpipe... an keep the sti cat back.. my frend has a 05 sti all stock.. with this do u think i can take him.. intake, fuel pump, short throw shifter, cobb AP, up pipe an down pipe, an a exedy clutch..

Quote Originally Posted by gripbox View Post
    so did u notice a big difference after that.. i was thinking of getting an invidia up and dwnpipe... an keep the sti cat back.. my frend has a 05 sti all stock.. with this do u think i can take him.. intake, fuel pump, short throw shifter, cobb AP, up pipe an down pipe, an a exedy clutch..
    I noticed a considerable difference just going to stage 1 (stage 2 this weekend) However, after i reflashed i was only hitting 9 psi when i should have been at 14. Made the adjustments to the wastegate arm and now I am hitting target boost.

If you are both the same caliber of driver then NOPE! He will still get you off the line and just keep pulling from there. Stock STi's put approx 245ish to the wheels while you will be putting around 220 (if lucky) at stage 2 in your 03 if you are using the Cobb map. If you want to take your buddies STi then you will need to look into a turbo upgrade.. with that comes a higher possibility of blowing your tranny as the bugeyes have been known to have "glass" transmissions. If you are going to be pushing upwards of 280-290whp by way of turbo swap with your bugeye, you will need a stronger tranny.. i.e 6-speed STi swap or beef up the gears in your 5-speed
    Last edited by CJ05; 09-04-2009 at 11:39 AM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

skip the fuel pump, as stated above that is only needed if a turbo swap is being done, the stock one is more than adequate. do your up pipe, downpipe, intake, flash stage 2 with your AP and you will be close to your buddy in power. the clutch really wont help you beat him if you can shift well already, you wont be pushing enough power to warrant getting an upgraded clutch. the short throw shifter will improve your shifter feel, i installed the cobb adjustable into my 02 and love it. i would say after stage 2 is flashed in start your suspension with spring and struts, then sway bars/endlinks. you will be quite proud of your cars setup by this point.

and again save the fuel pump install for when you want a turbo upgrade or sell it to help pay for the mods you want now.
    2006 Aspen White WRX STI (320whp/390wtq - Molested by Drunkmann Tuning)