Need some help

This is a discussion on Need some help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Defenetely made up my mind for a wrx wagon 06 or 07 ? If im correct I read a while ...

Need some help

Defenetely made up my mind for a wrx wagon 06 or 07 ?
    If im correct I read a while ago that the 07 models had some kind of problem, dont remenber what, and I cant find the thread about it either.Any advice would be helpfull.
    One more question please. To make "sure" that I get a stock wrx, I read also a while ago about the heat shield if it was removed, it is an indication that the car was modded.Dont know where the shield is located my guess its near the turbo. Can someone kindly show me a picture of where the heat shield is located? So I can be aware when I start looking at cars.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    there were no problems that i'm really aware of on the wrx's. the 07 sti's had a "bad tune" from the factory but thats all ive ever heard.

heat sheild:

thing that says COBB on it.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Most WRX's and STI's won't have that nice looking Cobb (or similar) shield per say, but the stock shielding in that location that looks like a bunch metal cover over the stock downpipe.

If the heat shield was removed, it was most likely because the previous owner had a downpipe or full turbo back exhaust on it (meaning they were Stage 2), hopefully with proper engine management. Its one of the cheapest ways to add a lot of power over stock and probably the most common of any mod you'd see. A lot of times if they don't go back to stock before selling/trading, they won't put the original stock heat shielding back over the downpipe.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

thanks

the 07 sti's had a "bad tune" from the factory but thats all ive ever heard.

Yes that was what I read months ago.

won't have that nice looking Cobb (or similar) shield per say

I know I figured, that one looks nice and polished .
    Alright, so the heat shield goes next to the intercooler .
    Hope I can get a nice one , wish me luck

It seems impossible, but I havent got a chance to test drive a wrx . Just came from a Subaru dealer they had a legacy gt m/t that I test drove(loved it) they had a 2004 wrx wagon a/t that I never felt tempted to drive cause of the transmisionit so I wouldnt get disappointed and a 2009 impreza gt .Please tell me that the wrx manual its a diferent world from the impreza gt?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the older models feel a lot rougher than the new ones & have a "raw power" feel.. i prefer the 06/07's over the GT

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

The new impreza GT is the same power level as the 08 WRX. In 09 the WRX got a bump in HP from 224 to 265. However the impreza GT is only availabe in AT whereas the 08 WRX was available in manual.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.