new guy

This is a discussion on new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, i am chun. New here and Does NOT own an Subaru yet. This is why i join this forum ...

new guy

Hi, i am chun. New here and Does NOT own an Subaru yet. This is why i join this forum hoping to get pointers from some of the members here. I dont know anything about subaru so no advice is useless advice. I am planning on purchasing an 02-03 wrx sedan and hoping to get some pointers on what i should check before making the purchase and how much i should spend on a decent wrx. Not looking for sti since i am only a student and can't pay too much for insurance. Power wise i think i am set with the aprox. 200hp wrx gives since it is already a big upgrade from the integra ls im driving. So, i dont think i want to make too big of mod. on engine wise. But i do want my subbie to look great. Any pointers on exterior modification and i mean anything(lips, spoiler, lighting, tinting...etc) or minor engine modification is helpful for me. Thanks for reading such a long first post. I will be looking forward to meet some new members and learning all i can. Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey chun welcome.

for tips on purchasing a wrx, read through this:

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

as far as simple engine mods- i think you'd be happy with a turboback exhaust, catless up-pipe & a tune. this will yield about 220-230ish WHP

for the exterior- that's up to your personal tastes. a nice set of wheels, springs, & a front lip is usually enough to hold me over. oh and a wingless trunk is always nice too

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    hey chun welcome.

for tips on purchasing a wrx, read through this:

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

as far as simple engine mods- i think you'd be happy with a turboback exhaust, catless up-pipe & a tune. this will yield about 220-230ish WHP

for the exterior- that's up to your personal tastes. a nice set of wheels, springs, & a front lip is usually enough to hold me over. oh and a wingless trunk is always nice too
    Thank you for the quick response and the warm welcome. I am sorry i am really a newbie. Can you explain what you mean by a "tune" please. The other parts i will google it. Thank you.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    not a problem

Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    that might help a little bit

a tune is basically remapping your ECU to compensate for the changes being made when increasing boost/hp/tq/etc

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome....to Zombocom.