new guy
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, i am chun. New here and Does NOT own an Subaru yet. This is why i join this forum ...

new guy

Hi, i am chun. New here and Does NOT own an Subaru yet. This is why i join this forum hoping to get pointers from some of the members here. I dont know anything about subaru so no advice is useless advice. I am planning on purchasing an 02-03 wrx sedan and hoping to get some pointers on what i should check before making the purchase and how much i should spend on a decent wrx. Not looking for sti since i am only a student and can't pay too much for insurance. Power wise i think i am set with the aprox. 200hp wrx gives since it is already a big upgrade from the integra ls im driving. So, i dont think i want to make too big of mod. on engine wise. But i do want my subbie to look great. Any pointers on exterior modification and i mean anything(lips, spoiler, lighting, tinting...etc) or minor engine modification is helpful for me. Thanks for reading such a long first post. I will be looking forward to meet some new members and learning all i can. Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey chun welcome.

for tips on purchasing a wrx, read through this:

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

as far as simple engine mods- i think you'd be happy with a turboback exhaust, catless up-pipe & a tune. this will yield about 220-230ish WHP

for the exterior- that's up to your personal tastes. a nice set of wheels, springs, & a front lip is usually enough to hold me over. oh and a wingless trunk is always nice too

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    hey chun welcome.

for tips on purchasing a wrx, read through this:

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

as far as simple engine mods- i think you'd be happy with a turboback exhaust, catless up-pipe & a tune. this will yield about 220-230ish WHP

for the exterior- that's up to your personal tastes. a nice set of wheels, springs, & a front lip is usually enough to hold me over. oh and a wingless trunk is always nice too
    Thank you for the quick response and the warm welcome. I am sorry i am really a newbie. Can you explain what you mean by a "tune" please. The other parts i will google it. Thank you.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    not a problem

Engine Management FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    that might help a little bit

a tune is basically remapping your ECU to compensate for the changes being made when increasing boost/hp/tq/etc

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome....to Zombocom.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.