So I bought My 09 WRX a month ago and.....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on So I bought My 09 WRX a month ago and..... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; While I don't necessarily expect this is the best forum to post this type of question, but I figured I ...

So I bought My 09 WRX a month ago and.....

While I don't necessarily expect this is the best forum to post this type of question, but I figured I would take a shot. So here goes. I purchased a 09 WRX sedan a little under a month ago. Recently there has been a really strange sound when I start the car after it has been sitting a while. The sound only occurs as I'm preparing to completely depress the clutch while in first. But the sound is a something like a scrapping almost as if you get to close to a curb. Anyway, I've taken it to my local dealership and they had it for over a week and have since associated the sound with the ABS, stating that is is something that is typical during the start up sequence. They've done what they can to dampen the sound, but otherwise i have to tolerate it, but if it gets worse to bring it back in. Has anyone heard of this, because to me it just sounds like they couldn't figure it out and this is the best they could come up with.

Additionally, as I was driving home today I heard another weird scrapping sound. By my home there is a street that has a wide bend in it. In the middle of this bend there is a slight dip in the road caused by bad pavement repair. While driving over this dip at a curved angle the car made a weird scrapping sound that came from the passenger side. Almost as if the tire or something close to it was scrapping. It was noticeable for my wife and I to hear, so I'm curious if this is something to have looked at. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Oh, and FYI....the build date for my car is 04/09. Not that this is an engine related issue or even an issue at all. Just wanted some additional perspectives.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this might help:

09 wrx clutch squeal when cold - NASIOC

dunno if it's what you're experiencing

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately when listening to the video within the post, I can confirm they are two different issues. While the individual who posted the clutch squeal's sound is just that, a squeaky squeal sound. What I experience is different. I can really only desribe it as a little scrape sound as if a bumber has just met a curb, that occurs for like 1 second if that, when I'm releasing the clutch in 1st gear. It doesn't do it any other time but during the initial acceleration in 1st. It is also more noticeable the longer the car has been sitting.

As far as the rubbing scrapping sound after hitting the dip in the winding road by my house, I'm not sure what that sound is. I've heard it twice now at the same spot in the road......perhaps I should drive that way home anymore, but if there is an issue and this helps me determine what it is maybe its a good thing. Eh who knows, its just frustrating having such a nice new car and worrying about things. Please keep the responses coming and let me know what you all think.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.