Turbo XS

This is a discussion on Turbo XS within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm shopping for exhaust but I'm confused cause I went on turbo xs's website and the exhuast was 00+ but ...

Turbo XS

I'm shopping for exhaust but I'm confused cause I went on turbo xs's website and the exhuast was $1100+ but my buddy showed it to me on this link for $375. Whats the difference?

Import Image Racing: Turboxs catback exhaust for 08+ subaru wrx hatchback

But I really want it to sound like the one from this you tube clip and am wondering exactly what kind of exhaust it is. If anyone knows please share with me. Cause I want it asap.

YouTube - 09' WRX Turboxs Turbo-back Exhaust 3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Turbo XS

Hmmm, all i have to say on turbo xs is they make good blow offs.... On the Exhaust note you should look at BLITZ.
    My blitz nurspec R is the best i could ever ask for and i got turbo back for around $800.00.

Quote Originally Posted by BStoakes View Post
    Hmmm, all i have to say on turbo xs is they make good blow offs.... On the Exhaust note you should look at BLITZ.
    My blitz nurspec R is the best i could ever ask for and i got turbo back for around $800.00.
    Save yourself some $$. Go to your local mufler shop. Tell them you need a high flow resonator with a decent muffler.They will pipe it from your d/pipe all the way out for alot less than the name brands with a warranty.

One is a catback and the other is a turboback. Don't see why there would be a $725 difference between the two though for just a downpipe.

Plus the one on the TurboXs site is for an 02-05 while the catback from import image is for the 08+. Not sure if that really makes a difference in cost though.
    Last edited by CJ05; 08-29-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

I have a Turbo XS axle back and I love the sound it emits. Im purchasing the rest of the turbo back kit this week. Cant wait to throw it in.