Looking at a WRX with ?s
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking at a WRX with ?s within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone im looking to buy a 2002 impreza wrx with 110000 miles. Everyones saying thats to much miles to ...

Looking at a WRX with ?s

hey everyone im looking to buy a 2002 impreza wrx with 110000 miles. Everyones saying thats to much miles to get a car. its selling for 7000. It has a broken fog light otherwise thats really it. Is it worth it?? let me know

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats high miles for any car thats an 02... I would say shop around a little... Is this the first one you have looked at? There are plenty of good deals to be had all over the place... I would put your "Impreza Dream" off for a moment and just shop around..
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

yea but its just that i dont have much more money than that

o and the name was just random haha
    Last edited by impreza_dream; 08-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Well from looking around on the net, the price seems to be about average for where im located. Just depends on the rest of the car. 100k+ is alot... IMHO and ONLY IMHO, your going to be rolling the dice with this car... Who was the previous owner? Was the car cared for? What about other body damage? Ask the driver about launching the car see if they even know what it is. BS with him or her a little first... But see if you can get em to start talking about how fast the car is and if they launch it regularly...

That should give you a good indication of how the car has been handled... No one can tell you how much your car is worth to you... But none the less i always like to get good deals so I wait and shop...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

yea i asked him about how quick it was...he said it was fast but he doesnt speed cus it will kill him on insurance. he had 4 previous tickets on his honda. I asked for the vin and he gave it to me and he said he would send me a car fax so i just gotta see where it goes from there

Quote Originally Posted by impreza_dream View Post
    yea i asked him about how quick it was...he said it was fast but he doesnt speed cus it will kill him on insurance. he had 4 previous tickets on his honda. I asked for the vin and he gave it to me and he said he would send me a car fax so i just gotta see where it goes from there
    He sounds like a younger driver... I would be weary on this deal... To me it sounds like you really want a wrx and have a serious itch to get one RIGHT NOW!! Just wait shop around, and test drive a few first, see what fits you best... THe right car will come along...

However if you have to have this one then talk him down a bit FOR SURE.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

ok man sounds good. thanks for the info

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    He sounds like a younger driver... I would be weary on this deal... To me it sounds like you really want a wrx and have a serious itch to get one RIGHT NOW!! Just wait shop around, and test drive a few first, see what fits you best... THe right car will come along...

However if you have to have this one then talk him down a bit FOR SURE.
    Talk him down? The car must be pretty beat up to only be listed for $7k. I wouldn't want a car that could be talked down. '02s are getting too cheap. I don't even think that in 10 years from now I'd be willing to buy an '02 for $7k. Hell, I plan on selling mine for almost 2.5 times that amount.

For any 02 around my neck of the woods that seems to be pretty average...

And as I said, i would wait and shop around... But some people just find a car and they have to have it...

That being said and with 02's going for 7 or lower here in ohio I would talk him down...

And like i also said, no one can tell you what your car is worth to you...

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It was a rant. I think overall bugeyes still average $9-10k.

Are you buying from a lot or private party? The price doesn't seem that high. I've seen higher mileage ones with asking prices of over $9K. How well was vehicle taken care of? Has it had all it's scheduled maintenance? Has it been modified?

There is an 02 with 97K selling here in El Paso for $10995!!!
    Here is the link 2002 SUBARU WRX

It is the first Subaru Integra WRX i have ever seen.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

private. he said it has no leaks, the brakes squeek occationally, no grinds when shifting, and doesnt smoke. car fax has one accident report...not totaled but hit a car on the left front side...

scheduled maintance. just an exhaust and nothing else

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.