Thinking about getting a cobb accessport

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting a cobb accessport within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was thinking about getting a cobb accessport v2 for my wrx. But before i go out and drop 600 ...

Thinking about getting a cobb accessport

I was thinking about getting a cobb accessport v2 for my wrx. But before i go out and drop 600 bucks on the thing I would like to get some opinions on it. Do you guys think that they are worth the money, and am I going to be able to feel the hp gain??? Thanx to all for your much needed advice.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    How far are you wanting to go into modding?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    willl you feel the HP gain? well, that depends on what mods you plan on doing.

if youre just going stage 2 (in your case, downpipe, catback, & i'd do a catless upipe too) & you want the flexibility of switching back to the stock map within a few minutes, i'd get the AP

if you plan on eventually going beyond that i would just get an opensource tune

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I have an AP V2 (bought for $450 shipped used on nasioc.com) and i am completely content with it. I'm not planning on going anything over Stage 2 in terms of power though. Like asid above, if you plan on going big with the mods (swap, rotated turbos, etc.. etc...) go with something different
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

I dont plan on doing alot of mods to the car. Im still pretty new to subaru's, so I dont know what is good for hp gains, Iv got an AEM Cold Ar Intake, and HKS Hi Power Turbo back exhaust on the car so far, Ive only had the car a few months. My goal is to get the car around mid 12's, so whatever advice you guys have on getting there would also be greatly appreciated.....

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    That turboback won't do for the size turbo you're gonna be needing. It's very restrictive, hence why it was so cheap.

I didnt realize that the exhaust was a cheap exhaust, Iv seen it for as much as $1,000.00, I didnt pay that for it, but I didnt get it cheap either. This is the first that I have heard that it is cheap exhaust. Anyone else have any feed back on this exhaust???
    Last edited by joker4u904; 09-04-2009 at 12:08 AM.