Saying Hello

This is a discussion on Saying Hello within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have visited this site before as an owner of an 05 Saabaru while looking for information, but after finally ...

Saying Hello

I have visited this site before as an owner of an 05 Saabaru while looking for information, but after finally trading that thing in and picking up my 09 WRX I figured it was about time to join in and say hello.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Thank you.

Oh, and before anyone that happens to look at my profile and has to ask "why the hell is your first mod a cf hood?" I'll explain. A week after I got the car a guy slid in the snow in his big uninsured truck hit the car. It was a very slow bump and the only damage was a little damage to the bumper, and a 3 inch bend at the tip of the hood. Long story short (with the insurance money) , I had a deal to get a Seibon CF hood for less than an unpainted OEM hood. So thats the reason (Besides, I love the way they look when the sun hits em), my first "real" mod will be the SPT CBE

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club. you should paint your CF hood & it would look 8203230948 times better.

pics of the saabaru?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

It's funny, my first mod is a CF hood because my hood was damaged shortly after I got it. Normally, appearance is the last thing I worry about. Wish that money could have gone to something more functional.

wrxtreme06...No pictures of the Saabaru worth posting. It was only the 2.5 Linear anyway, so nothing special. About the hood, if I were to have planned to paint the hood I would have just bought the factory one. I can appreciate your taste NOT liking the look of CF, but I happen to love it. Besides, I have the dark gray metallic paint so the cf hood almost perfectly matches. Unless its in direct sunlight, or you are right up close to it, you almost cant even tell it doesn't match the rest of the car.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    gotcha. i guess i misunderstood what you were saying. from the way i read your post about the hood, i was under the impression you didnt like it.

anyway, do you have plans for anything else other than the CBE for now?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I honestly don't know what I should do next. I am very impressed with this car so its not like I see anything as 'needed'....just wanted I have owned a 300ZX and a Jetta GLI and they were both fun cars, but they don't even compare to this car in my opinion. I even prefer to drive this over my BMW 330XI, although the refinements are obviously lacking.

Suspension or brakes would be where I would like to look first, just don't know much about whats available yet. I know I wont be doing any warranty damaging mods any time soon. I'll use SPT products where I can. I plan to do the SPT CBE more/less because I want a throatier sound (nothing loud, just 'there'), and I'll happily take any performance gains I get from that, although I wouldn't expect much. I had the SPT s/t put on when I got it, and I am glad I did. I also have a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta snow tires I used last winter that made this car seem unstoppable.

What do you suggest as a starting direction?