Thinking of buying a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Thinking of buying a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went to the dealer today and looked at a 2008 WRX. Satin white with grey interior. They are asking ...

Thinking of buying a WRX

I went to the dealer today and looked at a 2008 WRX. Satin white with grey interior. They are asking 19,800 car has 32k miles. What are these cars worth? and how well do they stand up mechanically? what problems tend to go wrong with these? Do the turbo's wear out? any input or help would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Search for the sticky on how to buy a used subaru. I believe it is in the car purchasing forum. All the ?'s have been answered many times.

How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

Now, is the 08 a premium package? At the end of 08 people were rolling of the lots in 08's (base model) for around $20K. We have an 08 premium and were trying to trade it in for another 08 but in the hatch model. Dealer said best thay could give us was $17,500 on the trade (others said $13K). Car only had 12k miles on it at the time. Outside was 9.5/10 and inside was 10/10 on their scale. For $19,800 you can find a decent mileage 05 STi or for a couple thousand more an 06 STi.

The 08's are the black sheep of the WRX family. Much hate and distain for them. Hence their lack of popularity.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    mileage & price = way too high.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

^^^+1 you can find a better deal. just take time and shop around.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX View Post
    I went to the dealer today and looked at a 2008 WRX. Satin white with grey interior. They are asking 19,800 car has 32k miles. What are these cars worth? and how well do they stand up mechanically? what problems tend to go wrong with these? Do the turbo's wear out? any input or help would be great
    NADA.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.