aftermarket intake install help Please!!!

This is a discussion on aftermarket intake install help Please!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im planning on putting a aftermarket intake in my 09 wrx and im wanting short ram intake but i dont ...

aftermarket intake install help Please!!!

im planning on putting a aftermarket intake in my 09 wrx and im wanting short ram intake but i dont know any sites to go to and im wondering if you have to tune it after i put the intake in??is this easy to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey okay so i have a AEM coolair intake system its glourious its treated me well if you dont know how to install it just ask a buddy whos car smart im sure he will its not to dificult. or take it in the labor shouldnt be to much

Quote Originally Posted by skilletrocks View Post
    im planning on putting a aftermarket intake in my 09 wrx and im wanting short ram intake but i dont know any sites to go to
    google.com is your best friend.

A tune is not really necessary for an intake. But your $$$ can better spent elsewhere than on an intake.

Easy as in terms of install? Pretty up front. all you need is 2screwdrivers (flat-head and philips), ratchet with extension and i believe a size 8 socket.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

I particularly like dealing with JSC Speed for parts, but for things they don't carry I usually order from IAG Performance. Both have great prices, and ship quickly, and are very pleasant on the phone.

The hardest part about the intake install is just angling the parts and tools the right way when you're working with the limited amount of real estate we've got in that corner of the engine bay.

Like was said earlier, you aren't going to notice much from an intake alone. You don't have to tune for the K&N Typhoon or the AEM if that's the only mod on the car... I don't have any info on other intakes though I'm sure there are some that can be run on the stock map.

What you will notice however is the sound -- it's fantastic If that's worth $200+ to you, then by all means go for it. Just know that you're not going to get much more than sound with this mod.

For the best bang-for-your-buck single mod to a stock car, I'd say look into an OpenSource tune.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120