Hey guys :)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey guys :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im from richmond va. after seven years finally got an 06 wrx with 42k a month ago. This forum has ...

Hey guys :)

Im from richmond va. after seven years finally got an 06 wrx with 42k a month ago. This forum has been invaluable to me. Its been a huge differance coming from a 63 mercury meteor 4mt (which im keeping). I did the intake silencer delete on friday then broke my right collar bone saturday so havent been able to drive again yet. Anyone have advice driving stick with a broken collar bone? Im going to keep mods simple and prolly go with cobb stage 2. Ive read about it but cant remember where, but is the first thing to increase handling(besides tires) sway bars? Thanks alot, you guys rock
    - chris =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey chris welcome to the forum.

hope you get better soon! what'd you do to break your collar bone if you dont mind me asking?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Hi Chris, welcome to the Club!

Post up some pics of your scoob!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfit View Post
    Anyone have advice driving stick with a broken collar bone? Im going to keep mods simple and prolly go with cobb stage 2. Ive read about it but cant remember where, but is the first thing to increase handling(besides tires) sway bars? Thanks alot, you guys rock
    - chris =)
    My advice would be to not drive it! No need to get in an accident or anything, just take it easy and let it heal. In the meantime, use this down time to post your butt off on the forum. Sway bars, end links, and new tires are a great start for handling. And thanks for acknowledging our Rockness. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    hope you get better soon! what'd you do to break your collar bone if you dont mind me asking?
    +1 Ex-gf go WAPCE on you? Fishing trip gone wrong when you ran into a black bear? Slipped on a banana peel and had a piano fall out of a 2nd story window onto you?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

This past weekend was a richmond holiday called best friends day and after drinking all day with hundreds of people, ifell off my bike. I do not recomend this. I really hope i can drive myself to work tomorrow... Also i wish i had a short throw shifter now

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Hello. And welcome to the club.
    Sorry to hear about the collar bone.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

haha, it would have been better if it were any of those, especially the bear. I still havent taken any pics of the scoob yet, but you can imagine: completely stock wingless grayish. I can prolly post a pic of the meteor though

Peachypumpkincheeks

This past weekend was a richmond holiday called best friends day and after drinking all day with hundreds of people, ifell off my bike. I do not recomend this. I really hope i can drive myself to work tomorrow... Also i wish i had a short throw shifter now
    Thanks for the warning. I'll try not to drink a lot and ride my bike...if I even owned a bike that is.

Oh snap, you have to drive yourself to work? Dang. Well, is it the shift side or other side that you broke? Don't know if you'd want that short throw shifter, you have to reach/stretch farther! Okay here's a tip then: get your car into 4th gear and then leave it there. Don't stop, don't slow down, until you get to work. Then it shouldn't be so bad. But really, sorry dude. I broke my toe once and had to press clutch with that foot, but that couldn't even compare to a collar bone break!

haha, it would have been better if it were any of those, especially the bear. I still havent taken any pics of the scoob yet, but you can imagine: completely stock wingless grayish. I can prolly post a pic of the meteor though
    Well, a bear attack may have left you in worse condition, so I guess we're lucky it wasn't anything too permanent. But if you can type, you can take pics, so get to it!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    Hello. And welcome to the club.
    Sorry to hear about the collar bone.
    Thanks. Ill be alright, just sucks that mods will have to wait now. Hamburgers...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Thanks for the warning. I'll try not to drink a lot and ride my bike...if I even owned a bike that is.

Oh snap, you have to drive yourself to work? Dang. Well, is it the shift side or other side that you broke? Don't know if you'd want that short throw shifter, you have to reach/stretch farther! Okay here's a tip then: get your car into 4th gear and then leave it there. Don't stop, don't slow down, until you get to work. Then it shouldn't be so bad. But really, sorry dude. I broke my toe once and had to press clutch with that foot, but that couldn't even compare to a collar bone break!

Well, a bear attack may have left you in worse condition, so I guess we're lucky it wasn't anything too permanent. But if you can type, you can take pics, so get to it!
    Hehe. My hard drive crashed so while im waiting for my friend to fix it im stuck using my ipod. Yeah, its the right side so maybe i can slide the seat up like a little old lady. :-P

Hehe. My hard drive crashed so while im waiting for my friend to fix it im stuck using my ipod. Yeah, its the right side so maybe i can slide the seat up like a little old lady. :-P
    How long til you heal?
    What do you plan on doing to the subie?
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

How long til you heal?
    BOV, CAI, Park Bench, Flame vinyls, exhaust tip, cut the springs, etc. You know, the usual.

Jk

Cobb stage 2 , tires sway bars end links. Just the basic stuff to get a little more fun.

How long til you heal?
    Sorry, missed the other question. 6-8 weeks to heal. Yikes!

BOV, CAI, Park Bench, Flame vinyls, exhaust tip, cut the springs, etc. You know, the usual.

Jk

Cobb stage 2 , tires sway bars end links. Just the basic stuff to get a little more fun.
    6-8 weeks! Wow.

I like my parking bench.
    Last edited by WRXie; 08-24-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

Jk

Don't forget to add the stickers/decals that come with each of those. That's where all the HP is! Remember, APC is where it's at.

Welcome and s****y luck about the collar bone!
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i was scrolling down slowly reading the replies & saw BOV & park bench.... was just about to start my anti-BOV & wingless speech.... LOL

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast