First time modifying - take a look and let me know your thoughts!

This is a discussion on First time modifying - take a look and let me know your thoughts! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, Though I've been a member since 2005, I am just now getting into modifying. I wanted to start ...

Talking First time modifying - take a look and let me know your thoughts!

Hey everyone,

Though I've been a member since 2005, I am just now getting into modifying. I wanted to start off "gently" and keep the prices reasonable for my 2002 wrx wagon. I bought some Bridgestone Pole Position tires earlier this year, so upgrading to fancy summer tires isn't really an option cost wise. Here's what I have bought, let me know what you think:

1. Kartboy Short Shifter with both front and rear bushings
    2. 20mm Rear Sway bar from 2002 wrx sedan (used)
    3. Cobb Accessport V1 - went with the 91 octane stage 1 map
    4. Hawk HPS front brakes

So basically I tried to do a little upgrade to each of the major systems: engine, suspension, braking, drive train.

Unfortunately, I have all the parts in now and can't install any of it because my buddy who was supposed to help me at his garage left town for 2 weeks! Frustrating to say the least. I did install the Accessport and have noticed some extra pull. I think I should probably go with the 93 map, to get the extra 9 HP or whatever it is, but I'm hesitant to use such expensive gas. On the other hand, I don't drive a LOT, so could be worth it.

After these upgrades I think I will do the timing belt at 110K (at 97K right now), and try to fix the fuel leak smell issue that I've been having in cold weather. Lastly, if money allows, I'd really like to replace the clutch some day because it has that terrible morning shudder problem that drives me berserk. All the upgrades listed in this paragraph just seem so boring to me I'm putting them off a while.

Thoughts?! Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds good, I'd leave it there since your engines at almost 100k now.

Do some research online and install it all yourself!
    I did everything on my old civic by myself with a good toolset and jack.
    I even repaired my brothers 01 civic from totaled status to new with an additional $30 in tools.
    Current Ride:'04 JBP WRX Stage 2!

Previous Ride: 96' Civic EJ8 - Sold