Getting my first WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Getting my first WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Couple things: This may be a stupid question, but is that front license plate bracket on every '09 WRX? That ...

Couple things:
    This may be a stupid question, but is that front license plate bracket on every '09 WRX? That seems really stupid/ugly for states that don't require the plate.

The other thing: I really like that tint, what's the percentage? I think you did a good de-badge too.

One more thing: How much was the clear bra? I'm thinking about going that route, but need to budget properly.

The last thing: did you elect for the SPT badge? I think I like it.
    Last edited by AmateurX; 08-31-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added the last thing
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Couple things:
    This may be a stupid question, but is that front license plate bracket on every '09 WRX? That seems really stupid/ugly for states that don't require the plate.

The other thing: I really like that tint, what's the percentage? I think you did a good de-badge too.

One more thing: How much was the clear bra? I'm thinking about going that route, but need to budget properly.

The last thing: did you elect for the SPT badge? I think I like it.
    Regarding the front license plates... My car came from PA which does not require front license plates. I've never really thought to notice before since my state does... but I would guess that they all come that way. You could always stick a cool WRX marque plate up though!

My tinting is at 40% all the way around. (Not the front windshield) I like the debadge too! Looks really clean.

I think the average price for a Venture Shield clearbra is 700. I found out while doing research on different clearbras that they are very far from equal. Venture Shield is one of the best and has a lifetime warranty against bubbles, yellowing, and "orange peeling." I paid extra to get my lights and other random parts done on my car with a special combo deal with the tints. The place I had it done at is Contour Tinting in Chantilly, VA and is highly recommended by me if anyone is in the northern VA area and wants to get it done. Tim, the owner, spent from 9pm-1am doing it for me because I was in town for 2 days!

I didn't have a choice on the SPT decal. I'm not a big fan of decals, but I actually kinda like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.