new 04 wrx

This is a discussion on new 04 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So about a month ago i bought a 04 wrx with 50,000 miles but tonight i noticed something weird. When ...

new 04 wrx

So about a month ago i bought a 04 wrx with 50,000 miles but tonight i noticed something weird. When im in 4th or 5th gear ill rev to say 3,000 rpm and my rpms will rev really fast say to 4,000 and drop down back to 3 and do it again and everythings good. Any idea whats causing it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Abraham View Post
    So about a month ago i bought a 04 wrx with 50,000 miles but tonight i noticed something weird. When im in 4th or 5th gear ill rev to say 3,000 rpm and my rpms will rev really fast say to 4,000 and drop down back to 3 and do it again and everythings good. Any idea whats causing it?
    Congrats on the purchase...but perhaps your foot gets stuck in those gears randomly at the same time everytime?

Haha honestly I'm not sure though. You might want to post this up in the Engine Mod forum...more people with good technical knowledge troll around there.

Also, if its that new, it should still be under some kind of warranty, so take it back to the place of purchase and be like "yo fool...fix my ****e. Shouldn't be doin this yo!"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

haha yeah man i thought i was like riding the clutch or something to but i guess not. Also idk if the dealership will fix it because my radiator hose had a hole in it and they seemed like they didnt want to replace it. So i ordered one from auto zone. Anyway ill post it there i really hope its nothing big this car is the best thing ive ever drove its all i think about pay check to pay check what i can buy her

Do the revs do the jumping when you are shifting? Do you feel any increase in power does the car speed up when it does that? For the car to just randomly jump from 3K to 4K and then back to 3K without pressing the clutch, or the gas can't be a normal thing. Is the throttle getting stuck perhaps?

Oh, and congrats on the blobeye!
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

i posted this in engine mods and they're saying its a dead clutch but heres what happens ill be driving about to shift from 3rd to 4th the rpms rev real fast to 4 and yes i can feel it speed up and then it drops down. I had a feeling it was the clutch so should i just go ahead and get the stock clutch or pay some more money for a more durable one?

oh and thank you i see your from texas also. Im loving the subi community, every wrx i see are alway super nice and give a wave. Im not to bummed about the clutch it could be worse and i really love this car and cant wait to do some mods. The cool thing is when i bought her she came with a turboxs tbe.. Or im pretty sure its a turboxs the down pipe looks like a 4." Im guessing the previous owner was a member of nasioc because it has stickers on the back windows

Unless you are planning on going crazy with mods, use the car for racing or autox then an oem one will be just fine.

Yeah, i'm in texas. Not by choice though. Originally from Oregon. Way on the other side from where everyone else though. There is a small subaru seen here in E.P., don't get much love though on the wave. Maybe 1 out of 5 i see.
    Last edited by CJ05; 08-22-2009 at 01:03 AM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.