Rotary to Boxer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rotary to Boxer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I just came from the wonderful world of rotarys to join in on all the Subaru love. A ...

Rotary to Boxer

Hey all, I just came from the wonderful world of rotarys to join in on all the Subaru love. A month or so ago I traded in my '91 Mazda RX7 that had treated me well after 7 years for my beautiful, new (to me) '07 WRX. I can't tell you how wonderful the switch has been even if it was a little heart felt.
    Its going to be nice not to worry about blown apex seals, emissions, and rebuilding at regular intervals. The RX-7 and rotary enthuisiast community has been so great, saving me literaly thousands of dollars, and a huge dose of explitives, and so far it looks like this group is very similar.
    Sorry for running on, just real excited for my next long term adventure.
    Regards, NoMoRX7.
    Going From a RX-7 to a WRX is like going from Purgatory to Heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    welcome. post pics. of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoRX7 View Post
    Hey all, I just came from the wonderful world of rotarys to join in on all the Subaru love. A month or so ago I traded in my '91 Mazda RX7 that had treated me well after 7 years for my beautiful, new (to me) '07 WRX. I can't tell you how wonderful the switch has been even if it was a little heart felt.
    Its going to be nice not to worry about blown apex seals, emissions, and rebuilding at regular intervals. The RX-7 and rotary enthuisiast community has been so great, saving me literaly thousands of dollars, and a huge dose of explitives, and so far it looks like this group is very similar.
    Sorry for running on, just real excited for my next long term adventure.
    Regards, NoMoRX7.
    welcome!

twin turbo??
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Sadly my '91 was not turbo, it was an NA Vert. My '94 is twin turbo, and I will be looking to get rid of it as soon as I figure out whats wrong with it. I will be sure to post pics as I come across them and take many more.

Found pictures of my '91. On the dealerships website of all places! They haven't done a single thing to car since I gave it to them. Except of course list it for double what they payed me.
    Heres the link to the showcase of my car too. Watching the video with the lost love song, makes me sad all over again "sob."

1991 Used Mazda RX7 at The Autobarn Companies in Evanston /Mt Prospect /Countryside, IL, IID 4344661
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 91 RX7.jpg  

welcome.. you know what they say about rotary engines!

**__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    as annoying as they can be sometimes, i have a soft spot for rotaries... even if they only run 1/2 the time.

welcome to the club & congrats on the switch

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, my folks had a first generation North American wagon and they gave me one of the plastic Wenkel models to play with when I was in like third grade or so. They never had any trouble with the drivetrain, the car just rusted to the ground in short order.

Welcome to the Club!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    welcome.. you know what they say about rotary engines!

hahahahaha... welcome to the club post some pics of the wrx when u can.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoRX7 View Post
    Found pictures of my '91. On the dealerships website of all places! They haven't done a single thing to car since I gave it to them. Except of course list it for double what they payed me.
    Heres the link to the showcase of my car too. Watching the video with the lost love song, makes me sad all over again "sob."

1991 Used Mazda RX7 at The Autobarn Companies in Evanston /Mt Prospect /Countryside, IL, IID 4344661
    HEY!! I got a FC Aswell, I love the car about equal!!

Beautiful Vert
    2002 WRX Turbo 05 STi Front Clip
    1987 Mazda RX-7 FC3S

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I had a saying about my rotary too. Zoom, Zoom, Rebuild. But all in all they are wonderful cars, and its the tries and tribulations that makes you stay with them. The transition was easy though RX to WRX. maybe it just stands for Wonderful who knows.
    Thanks again. Off to wash the babe so I will post pics soon!

pictures of the 07!!!

I have an 07 too you won't regret it!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Just got back from her bath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0394.jpg   100_0395.jpg   100_0397.jpg  

Looks great, very clean!

I to have the love for the rotary as you can see in my sig. But now also a love for the wrx just wish it had a bit less turbo lag.
    The "toys" 1973 rx2, 1990 super charged rx7, 1994 4runner, 2004 wrx, 2004 rx8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.