GC8 oil leak

This is a discussion on GC8 oil leak within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey im a new member not sure how this works but i hav a 95 wrx gc8 wagon. i got ...

GC8 oil leak

hey im a new member not sure how this works but i hav a 95 wrx gc8 wagon. i got it about 2 months ago and it has started leaking oil on passenger side from cam cover. i do not know much about subaru's yet so am not sure what i need to replace to fix this. is this something i should get a mechanic to do for me or is it quite easy to fix. can anyone help me with this thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's from the front it'll be a pain, if it's just a cam cover gasket itself it's not too bad but it could be tight working quarters.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If it's from the front it'll be a pain, if it's just a cam cover gasket itself it's not too bad but it could be tight working quarters.
    thanks for the fast reply.i think it is just a rubber gasket for the cam cover. does not look easy to get to.might just give it a go though.any advice befor i pull it apart.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't over-torque the bolts when you put the cover back on.
    See:
    How to change the valve cover gasket
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Don't over-torque the bolts when you put the cover back on.
    See:
    How to change the valve cover gasket
    cool thanks heaps i will give it a go and see what happens.