Noobie to subies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Noobie to subies within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! Planning on getting a bug eye really soon! 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX What does everyone think??...

Noobie to subies

Hello all!

Planning on getting a bug eye really soon!

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

What does everyone think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

If there's one thing I've picked up around here, it's to try and find a stock car. Can you?
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I have tried and stock ones are hard to come by. This one seems lightly moded.

it's nice and all but it's stage 2. Who knows how many times he/she beat on the car. The bugeye trannies are known to be a bit

Personally I would get a bone stock wrx. Suspension upgrades are whatever, but it's that cobb AP+TBE that would stop me from buying this car.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Hmmmm

What if its just an HKS turbo back exhaust and an AEM short ram intake?

Would these light mods be fine?

^^^ is that one tuned? Also theoratically anycar with an aftermarket downpipe is concidered stg2. So if it come between these two cars I would get the one with the Cobb ap. But get them both checked by a mechanic.

The one with the turbo back and aem short ram was checked by a mechanic already. Everything from compression to suspension. It just needs new tires. The compression was 148-150. Is that right? I also found out that it has a new clutch and transmission with 30k on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fire88 View Post
    The one with the turbo back and aem short ram was checked by a mechanic already. Everything from compression to suspension. It just needs new tires. The compression was 148-150. Is that right? I also found out that it has a new clutch and transmission with 30k on it.
    new tranny?? What happened to the last one? is it the stock wrx tranny?
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Crack?

I think it will be like crack, drive it one time and your hooked!!!

I didn't want to hijack but I didn't want a whole thread for one question, plus it relates to this discussion.

Are all the STI parts for the same body type compatible with the WRX?
    IE, will the springs from a 5-door STI swap right onto a WRX without mods? What about brake calipers and rotors? Suspension parts in general?

I"m thinking it would be cheap to buy a stock WRX and slowly upgrade at least the suspension to STI by buying people's take-off parts.????

Quote Originally Posted by jjwink View Post
    I didn't want to hijack but I didn't want a whole thread for one question, plus it relates to this discussion.

Are all the STI parts for the same body type compatible with the WRX?
    IE, will the springs from a 5-door STI swap right onto a WRX without mods? What about brake calipers and rotors? Suspension parts in general?

I"m thinking it would be cheap to buy a stock WRX and slowly upgrade at least the suspension to STI by buying people's take-off parts.????
    By five door you mean the hatch STi?

Im putting my friend's 06 STi suspension into my 02 wrx. You need the top hats as well.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by RexEnvy View Post
    theoratically any car with an aftermarket downpipe is concidered stg2. .
    Not true. Stage 2 comes with a tune also, not just a DP.

OP- It's true that finding one that is stock is the best possible way to go. But, who's to say that the stock one you are buying hasn't been modified, beat to hell, and then returned back to stock? Stg 2 via AP, protune, tactrix, tec... is so common for these cars. Has the owner changed the timing belt yet or has he/she had the recommended scheduled maintenance performed? Does current owner have paperwork for any work performed to the car? If not, could be room for bargaining.

Take it for a test drive, have a certified subaru mechanic look it over, look it over yourself, ask questions, see if you can't get it for less. If everything checks out and this is the WRX you want,.... go for it!
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

2002 subaru wrx

That the one I'm most interested in right now, plus it's white. . . very rare.

The tranny in it has been rebuilt. He has all the receipts of the work done to it. He also says that he has owned about 4 subarus and is a subaru fanatic. He i selling it because he doesn't want to poor more money into it. Also, he claims he used to work at a subaru specialty shop. He seems he knows what he's talking about.

I'm going to check it out in person tomorrow morning.
    CANT WAIT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fire88 View Post
    2002 subaru wrx

That the one I'm most interested in right now, plus it's white. . . very rare.

The tranny in it has been rebuilt. He has all the receipts of the work done to it. He also says that he has owned about 4 subarus and is a subaru fanatic. He i selling it because he doesn't want to poor more money into it. Also, he claims he used to work at a subaru specialty shop. He seems he knows what he's talking about.

I'm going to check it out in person tomorrow morning.
    CANT WAIT!!!!!
    nice...ask him if he still has the stock uppipe on the car as well. There is a third cat in there that needs to be removed if he has a catless midpipe/downpipe
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RexEnvy View Post
    ^^^ is that one tuned? Also theoratically anycar with an aftermarket downpipe is concidered stg2. So if it come between these two cars I would get the one with the Cobb ap. But get them both checked by a mechanic.
    Negative... Any vehicle with with a cobb ap or any type of engine management with turbo back exhaust is stage 2.

Turbo back exhaust with zero engine management is stage broke car.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast