Noobie to subies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Noobie to subies within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrx0131 By five door you mean the hatch STi? Per Subaru (for the newer models), there is ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    By five door you mean the hatch STi?
    Per Subaru (for the newer models), there is a 4-door and a 5-door. The 5-door is what you are calling the hatch.

On the older ones, I'm not sure what term they used, I thought those were wagons?

So, of similar year, the WRX and STI always had interchangeable parts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jjwink View Post
    Per Subaru (for the newer models), there is a 4-door and a 5-door. The 5-door is what you are calling the hatch.

On the older ones, I'm not sure what term they used, I thought those were wagons?

So, of similar year, the WRX and STI always had interchangeable parts?
    im not sure of the newer models, but you can swap parts on the 02-06 as long as you have the appropriate "supporting" parts.

As i mentioned i will be swapping my suspension for my friend's 06, but i need the top hats. Other things may be too much of a hassle to swap. For example, the wrx from 02-up have 5x100 bolt pattern for the wheels. The 05-up STi has a 5x114.3 pattern. So you would need to change the axles+hubs on the wrx to match the wheels. It really depends on what part you are trying to swap.
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

So I got swooped in on. Someone offered him 8500. The best I could do is 7500...... so it's back do searching.....

keep searching man, it took me 4 months to find a suitable subie for me to own. Now that I have it, it is like sweet, sweet candy.
    Going From a RX-7 to a WRX is like going from Purgatory to Heaven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12