New 2006 WRX owner

This is a discussion on New 2006 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Figured I'd introduce myself and give a little bit of background. Taking possession of a 2006 WRX tomorrow. No stranger ...

New 2006 WRX owner

Figured I'd introduce myself and give a little bit of background. Taking possession of a 2006 WRX tomorrow. No stranger to vehicle obsession, but the Subaru is new to me. Previously have modified Toyotas for offroading, and helped a friend build a few Jeeps. Have a '98 4runner (unmolested as of yet) in the garage, and the WRX is replacing a 98 Civic coupe. 2 doors were no longer convenient with a toddler, and a wife with severe MS. Needless to say a Civic DX isn't exactly a performance car, unless there's an ultra low performance category?

WRX was also at the top of the list since I almost bought one new in '02, ended up going with a Tacoma instead.

The sad part is I'll have to leave for work in Madagascar for a few months shortly so I'll only have a couple of weeks to put the new car through it's paces.

Familiar with searching, and stickies Be aware of my bitter sarcasm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Hi there, and welcome to the Club!

Bummer that you only get to play around with your WRX for a little while before shipping off to Madagascar! Be careful out there, it's filled with Lions and Giraffes and Hippos and Lemurs who like to dance to the song 'I Like To Move It'!!! (Tell me you've seen the movie. )

I digress...the WRX is a wonderfully fast grocery-getter, so you'll definitely have something to look forward to when you get back (besides your wife and child of course!).

Are you planning on doing any mods to it?
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Lions and Giraffes and Hippos and Lemurs
    Only the lemurs, no big predators, or big animals really. The biggest is bobcat sized, cat like, angry animal. Can't recall the name. We have military with us in camp with AK47's to keep the bandits away. There was a military coup there in March, felt perfectly safe when I was there in the spring though.

As for mods, every time I get a new car/truck I say, "this one's staying stock", never does though If anything it'll just be mild performance mods, nothing to crazy.

Me and my Kalishnikov:
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    As for mods, every time I get a new car/truck I say, "this one's staying stock", never does though If anything it'll just be mild performance mods, nothing to crazy.
    I think everyone says that...then they face reality.

Well this site is a great reference for whatever mods you're thinking about doing. You already mentioned you're familiar with reading the stickies, so I don't have much more to say. Other than, enjoy! (Oh and post pics when you get her!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Welcome to the Club, also Congrats on the WRX.
    Yes please post pics once you get her.
    So far I am like you only a few mods nothing to crazy.
    I do agree with Speedette though once the mod bug bites there will be soon be more to come.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Thanks for the welcomes. It's official, drove away with it early this afternoon. Getting a new windshield tomorrow. The current one is quite possibly the most cracked and pitted one I've ever seen. Getting new tires (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus) on Thursday, just in time for a weekend trip to the Rocky Mountains.

Would've liked to have gotten winter tires, but I'm headed to Africa in mid Sept, long before winter tires are needed, and I don't expect my wife to go through the hassle of swapping tires. Next year...
    ...Rob.

Welcome! At least you have a little time to play around with it. And it gives you a "new" toy to look forward to when you come home

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    I think everyone says that...then they face reality.
    I knew I was just fooling myself, although usually I wait a little bit longer than I did.

I picked up an Accessport today, will likely hook it up midday tomorrow, or just before my drive home so I can have the stock drive still fresh as a comparison. Almost went stage 2, but decided to hold off for a bit.
    ...Rob.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    I knew I was just fooling myself, although usually I wait a little bit longer than I did.

I picked up an Accessport today, will likely hook it up midday tomorrow, or just before my drive home so I can have the stock drive still fresh as a comparison. Almost went stage 2, but decided to hold off for a bit.
    Congrats! "Hold off for a bit"...so what's that, like 2 weeks?

Waxed the WRX again today, want to make sure there's a nice thick coat on for winter. I'm foreseeing a window tint, power polish, and stage 2 when I get back home. Haven't left yet, but only have a week or so left. Also waxed the 4runner, It's still stock, will likely start modifying it and wheeling it when it's our 3rd vehicle. Haven't offroaded since I sold my Tacoma in '05.

Hard to tell from the pics, but the reason I won't lower the WRX is because there's a steepish ramp going up to our garage from the alley.

...Rob.