After 4 years, I am finally a WRX owner!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on After 4 years, I am finally a WRX owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I registered here in 2005, thinking I would be purchasing a WRX, but I never got around to it. I've ...

After 4 years, I am finally a WRX owner!

I registered here in 2005, thinking I would be purchasing a WRX, but I never got around to it.

I've been driving a 2007 Tundra CrewMax for the past 2 years and I absolutely loved that truck, but the reason I bought it was because I was racing motorcycles at the time and I had to haul a trailer around to the tracks. But, right after I got it, I got burnt out on bikes and sold everything. So, the Tundra was used mainly for commuting. It didn't make sense. So, I was able to sell it recently and I was able to convince my fiance that the WRX was a good choice. She was against the idea as she wanted me to look into an Accord or Camry. A nice "family" car, even though we don't have kids...yet. Still, I think the WRX will do find as a family car as many of you use them as such.

I only have 300 miles on the WRX but man, it's so much fun! I am convinced that I'll be a Subie owner for life.

Here's my old baby and here's my new baby. Note that I was hauling the trailer to a dirt track, but I road raced. I rode in the dirt as recreation. I guess racing is recreational too. I certainly wasn't a pro.

'09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum! Post pics of the bikes! I love satin white! Any mods planned yet? The wrx is for sure an excellent choice family car wise. I personally feel the car to be safer to haul my kids around in with the AWD and more standard safety features than the accord/camry.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Post pics of the bikes! I love satin white! Any mods planned yet? The wrx is for sure an excellent choice family car wise. I personally feel the car to be safer to haul my kids around in with the AWD and more standard safety features than the accord/camry.
    Here's a few from a Thunderhill trackday I did a couple years ago and the dirt one is me at Rich Oliver's Mystery School, learning how to back it in.

As for mods, I plan on getting a center armrest extension and a cargo net. Maybe some mud flaps. Does that count? LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mysteryschool.jpg   thill14.jpg   thill10.jpg  
    Last edited by Doctor K; 08-15-2009 at 03:56 AM.
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

I got two kids fitting in the back of my bugeye with no problems..... who'd of known the trunk would be that roomy?
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

If I had kids, I would drive them around in my car any day. I don't care what those Kia commercials say about safety. I'd stick with my suby.

Quote Originally Posted by DVSWReX View Post
    I got two kids fitting in the back of my bugeye with no problems..... who'd of known the trunk would be that roomy?
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

i was always interested in racing motorcycles. hell i just wish that i had one to ride haha but those are some good shots. your wrx looks good

Quote Originally Posted by WRXie View Post
    If I had kids, I would drive them around in my car any day. I don't care what those Kia commercials say about safety. I'd stick with my suby.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't kia stand for Killed in Action...?
    ...and there preaching safety...?
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JLude7 View Post
    i was always interested in racing motorcycles. hell i just wish that i had one to ride haha but those are some good shots. your wrx looks good
    Thanks! After thousands of dollars and years of blood, sweat, and tears, those few pictures I have left are all I have to show for it! LOL

If I were to get back into it, I'd only just ride on the street. Yeah, a lot of arguments say track riding is safer, and those are valid arguments, but I've also seen a lot of people's lives get ruined by racing accidents. That's not the reason why I got out of it, but it's one reason.

Street riding is dangerous too because there are many more unpredictable variables. However, if you live life like that, what's the point? I feel confident enough in my ability to practice self-preservation and have fun at the same time. Mostly, posing at Starbucks
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

Doc if I may ask, did you buy it used? And if so how much? I'm in the market and was wondering what a premium would go for.

A pre-owned 09 wrx w/ premium package will most likely command $25k at a dealership.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Interestingly enough then I've found an 09, non premium I'm assuming, with around 1,000 miles for around 23k. The catch is though that it has 6 reports on its carfax from what I see, though I dont know any of those details, I'm assuming for the worst though.

Welcome Doctor K, looks great!

Alano, i would either look into it more or stay away. there are always more cars out there, and if your looking for premium then go find a premium (i kno its hard). but if those do end up being big things, or even if one ends up being a big thing, say a $1k fix (not hard on these cars). then your paying $24k and still have a bad carfax?... which wont help when you try to resell. just something to think about, thats what happened to me except i had to pay around $4k total.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.