New and showing my ideas

This is a discussion on New and showing my ideas within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I am currently 15 and will be getting my license next year at the age of 16. In ...

Registered User 06ImprezaWRXSTI's Avatar

New and showing my ideas

Hi everyone, I am currently 15 and will be getting my license next year at the age of 16. In the future (2 or 3 years) I am playing on buying an 06 or 07 STI. I wanted to show everyone what i was looking to do to it, and get opinions and suggestions. Here are the plans,

Exterior:
    WR BLUE
    Front Limited Lip
    Lightly tinted lights (smoke-black not to dark)

Interior:
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT (GPS/RADIO)
    Alpine SPX-17PRO (Front Speakers)
    Alpine SPX-13PRO (Rear Speakers)
    Pioneer TS-W5102SPL (SUB)
    Pioneer PRS-A900 (Speaker AMP)
    Pioneer PRS-D2000SPL (Sub AMP)
    Pioneer IPOD/IPHONE Cable

Performance/Misc:
    Greddy SE Catback
    Tein Flex Dampers
    SPT Battery Tie Down/ Gas Cap (blue)
    K & N Typhoon Intake
    SPT Radiator Shroud
    Group N Exhaust Hangers
    STI Duracon Shift Knob
    SPT Front Strut Tower Brace
    Rally Armor UR Mud Flaps
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    DEFI Tripple Hood meter w/ Gauges
    SPT Turbo Heat Shield
    COBB STAGE 2 AccesPort (Complete Kit)

So what do you guys think, ohh and about the COBB STAGE 2 AccesPort It comes with a catback and the downpipe (turboback) but I was wondering could I use only the COBB downpipe with the greddy se catback?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    An STI is too much for a new driver, never mind a modded one. Get a few years under your belt with something cheaper and more manageable.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a bad list... may want to continue research though. There are some better mods for the money.

Strut tower bars were the very last thing I did on my suspension set-up.

Sways, Springs, Endlinks, Tires, Camber Bolts, and alignment should all come first.

And the Tein Flex isn't the most highly regarded coil over system
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nav is all about user interface, find one you like using. I happen to like Alpine units (I have an OEM Alpine in one of our cars and it's great) but see if you are comfortable with them or Pio or whatever else.

I'd not tint anything.

I'd leave the motor and exhaust alone. That money is better spent repairing and servicing what will by then be a 5 year old used car. If your climate is cold look into second wheel sets with winters and fresh summers, that adds up quick.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User 06ImprezaWRXSTI's Avatar
    Yeah I am quite comfortable with the Pioneer Nav there great my dad has one on his 2003 Trailblazer.

Sinister what do you have in mind by better mods for the price, remember its gonna be my daily driver. Also about the coil covers what have you heard about them? I though of the flex because I though they would be a good all around shock providing confort and yet a sporty feel. As for the tinted lights heres what I mean Subaru : Impreza:eBay Motors (item 270440760982 end time Aug-16-09 18:16:57 PDT)

Thanks for the suggestions and comments guys keep them coming.
    Last edited by 06ImprezaWRXSTI; 08-13-2009 at 07:11 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Not a bad list... may want to continue research though. There are some better mods for the money.

Strut tower bars were the very last thing I did on my suspension set-up.

Sways, Springs, Endlinks, Tires, Camber Bolts, and alignment should all come first.

And the Tein Flex isn't the most highly regarded coil over system
    Hi and welcome, I agree with this post 110%

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06ImprezaWRXSTI
    Hi everyone, I am currently 15 and will be getting my license next year at the age of 16. In the future (2 or 3 years) I am playing on buying an 06 or 07 STI.
    Unless you have parents with quite a bit of money, this really isn't a feasible goal. Sorry to rain on your parade, but it's just the reality of it. You may be able to afford the car payment, but unless your parents pay for everything else for you (clothes, entertainment fund", etc.), you won't be able to afford it. The insurance will be through the roof - unless you commit insurance fraud (you have to have full coverage on a vehicle you make payments on in many states), you won't be able to afford it; the car will probably cost you ~$10/day to insure.

You'll be going to college around the same time, at which point you'll want as much cash as you can. I bought my STi my junior year of college, and I partially wish I had waited - I have always been somewhat of a loaner, but there were times friends would ask me to go out, and I wasn't able to (had to choose between car payment and bar tab).

Yes, it would be nice to have a fancy car at a young age, but truly look at what you'll be giving up if your parents aren't buying it for you. I worked 85-90 hour weeks every break from age 16-22, and 30-35 hour weeks during the school year to pay for everything.

Sinister what do you have in mind by better mods for the price, remember its gonna be my daily driver. Also about the coil covers what have you heard about them? I though of the flex because I though they would be a good all around shock providing confort and yet a sporty feel.
    There are better sets of coilovers available - RCE and TIC, to name a few.

Tinting your taillights makes it more difficult for other drivers to see you. This increases the chance of an accident.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Ohlins, Cusco... There are a lot of different coilovers that will make Tein's their b!tch. Tein's really don't get any respect from myself and the majority of our community.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Get a Civic.

I know, useless, sarcastic, condescending post.

When you're older, you'll appreciate the fact that you didn't have such a nice car when you were young, especially your first car. Your first car is supposed to be a beater.

When you're older, people will respect you more for the less you had when you were young. That's assuming you'll have a decent job with some spending money. Otherwise, mooch as much as you can from your parents for as long as you can!
    '09 WRX 5-door Premium
    Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT

EJ257 is right, an STi is extremely expensive for a teen to own. I was going to sell my wrx and get an STi, but then realized that i wouldnt be able to afford the insurance. Plus, Im in college and have already taken out a $20,000 loan that will cover the next 2 years, then take out possibly another $20,000 for the rest of my college years. Its not worth it to kill yourself over car payments. If your parents are rich go for it, but if not, then its not going to happen. Im 19 and have spent over 10 grand on my car. I still owe like 80% of everything ive bought.

But theres some good to your list. When you get your subaru you will have knowledge of whats good and whats not, and hopefully wont do any damage to your car.

Another thing, you will most likely end up scratching up your first car. It happens to almost everyone. I dont know if you know how to drive stick, but thats another thing. You will probably end up burning your first clutch.

Good luck
    Bugeye Mafia #213
    Kevin
    2002 Midnight Black Pearl WRX (Traded In!)

2012 Ice Silver Metallic STi Sedan

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    Another thing, you will most likely end up scratching up your first car.
    not only that, but that thing is going to get BEAT UP in a college parking lot. people make threads here all the time about how they were in their parking garage or their dorm parking lot & 80% of the time they're hit & runs too.

but yeah, like everyone else said.. good starting mod list.. but not appropriate even if you dont get the car until youre 18.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ah....the joys of being young...privy to everyone's experience and knowledge...

Best of luck to you in your venture, welcome to the site and if you don't go to college right away there is always the Army...