Just bought a 2008 WRX sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just bought a 2008 WRX sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a WRX sedan, and want to know what peep think i should start with modding first? Want to ...

Just bought a 2008 WRX sedan

Just bought a WRX sedan, and want to know what peep think i should start with modding first?

Want to change the sound system first off, anyone got any preferences for subs and speakers, indecently, anyone know the size of the speakers in my car?

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Entreri22 View Post
    Just bought a WRX sedan, and want to know what peep think i should start with modding first?

Want to change the sound system first off, anyone got any preferences for subs and speakers, indecently, anyone know the size of the speakers in my car?

Chris
    Congrats on the purchase! Lots of people are going to say to get an access port to provide more power without doing much else.

Just don't buy a BOV and you'll make a lot of friends here.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

Congrats on teh 08. Not sure what speaker size is stock but check out crutchfield.com. they should have the sizes listed
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Welcome to the club, grats on the purchase, and nice screen name, he was the villian you wanted to win.

The speakers in the doors are all 6 1/2 so you have a lot of lee-way in that area. Did you get the premium edition? I think they have, oh what is it, a sub in the back...?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club,and congrats on the WRX!
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnews View Post
    Welcome to the club, grats on the purchase, and nice screen name, he was the villian you wanted to win.

The speakers in the doors are all 6 1/2 so you have a lot of lee-way in that area. Did you get the premium edition? I think they have, oh what is it, a sub in the back...?
    I tried the cruthfield site, and it just shows products, dosen't tell me what size the speakers are,

From other sites, i heard the rear door speakers are smaller, like 4", or can i put the 6 1/2" all around. I have the premium i think, but no sub in the back, actually looking at maybe getting a kicker sub.
    Last edited by Entreri22; 08-14-2009 at 10:43 AM.

they dont put the sub in the back... the sub should be under your drivers seat...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.