Just got 09 Wagon

This is a discussion on Just got 09 Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I bought a new 09 white wrx wagon about two weeks ago and I gotta tell ya its ...

Just got 09 Wagon

Hey guys,

I bought a new 09 white wrx wagon about two weeks ago and I gotta tell ya its the best car Ive driven even thou I didnt break my 1st thousand miles yet so Im not using my baby even to a third of what it can do...
    So I had a question about break in period... I already got 700 miles on it and manual says that you should break in smoothly during first 1000 but Ive been talkin to a few ppl n some told me that its better to wait n ride smoothly till 2000 or even 3000 miles because it would be better for turbo in the long run...
    So I was seeking help from experts here n ppl who really drive em n can help me out here

Thanks in advance

p.s. pix r comin up once I finish my exam tmr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club!

definitely follow your break in period that is listed in your owners manual.

i dont know if it is the same for the newer models, but for my 06 the break in was to keep it under 4k RPM's for the first thousand miles & vary your speeds

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thx,
    Ive read a few threads here with same questions... I think Ill be fine because I didnt know how to drive stick before so my rpms were jumpin up and down all the time when i was learning.. hehe but know its so much better n I dont even wana go back to auto anymore(except when im in stop n go traffic )

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi welcome to the club, and Congrats on the WRX!
    When I bought my car I was told the same thing to stay under 4k rpms for the first 1000 miles.Which I did, I am so glad to see it's the truth.

At the time I wasn't sure if the Salesman was kidding since it was my first new WRX.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Hi welcome to the club, and Congrats on the WRX!
    When I bought my car I was told the same thing to stay under 4k rpms for the first 1000 miles.Which I did, I am so glad to see it's the truth.

At the time I wasn't sure if the Salesman was kidding since it was my first new WRX.
    yup- once you hit a 1000 miles, let 'er rip

Quote Originally Posted by LI_Will View Post
    yup- once you hit a 1000 miles, let 'er rip
    Well, once in a while, anyway.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan