Just got 09 Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just got 09 Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I bought a new 09 white wrx wagon about two weeks ago and I gotta tell ya its ...

Just got 09 Wagon

Hey guys,

I bought a new 09 white wrx wagon about two weeks ago and I gotta tell ya its the best car Ive driven even thou I didnt break my 1st thousand miles yet so Im not using my baby even to a third of what it can do...
    So I had a question about break in period... I already got 700 miles on it and manual says that you should break in smoothly during first 1000 but Ive been talkin to a few ppl n some told me that its better to wait n ride smoothly till 2000 or even 3000 miles because it would be better for turbo in the long run...
    So I was seeking help from experts here n ppl who really drive em n can help me out here

Thanks in advance

p.s. pix r comin up once I finish my exam tmr

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the club!

definitely follow your break in period that is listed in your owners manual.

i dont know if it is the same for the newer models, but for my 06 the break in was to keep it under 4k RPM's for the first thousand miles & vary your speeds

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thx,
    Ive read a few threads here with same questions... I think Ill be fine because I didnt know how to drive stick before so my rpms were jumpin up and down all the time when i was learning.. hehe but know its so much better n I dont even wana go back to auto anymore(except when im in stop n go traffic )

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi welcome to the club, and Congrats on the WRX!
    When I bought my car I was told the same thing to stay under 4k rpms for the first 1000 miles.Which I did, I am so glad to see it's the truth.

At the time I wasn't sure if the Salesman was kidding since it was my first new WRX.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Hi welcome to the club, and Congrats on the WRX!
    When I bought my car I was told the same thing to stay under 4k rpms for the first 1000 miles.Which I did, I am so glad to see it's the truth.

At the time I wasn't sure if the Salesman was kidding since it was my first new WRX.
    yup- once you hit a 1000 miles, let 'er rip

Quote Originally Posted by LI_Will View Post
    yup- once you hit a 1000 miles, let 'er rip
    Well, once in a while, anyway.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.