Subaru WRX Forum banner

Glad to be here - NASIOC, not so much.

Tags
nasioc
3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Sinister 
#1 · (Edited)
Since 2005 I've been on clubwrx.net and only recently went to NASIOC to buy some parts I couldn't get through our little marketplace. Needless to say, it gave me a new appreciation for everybody here. So I buy the part I'm looking for from a guy, submit paypal payment, and the next day ask him to be sure it went through (I've never used paypal before). I get a letter back calling me names and ridiculing me for being paranoid and antsy. WTF. Just curious where my hard earned money went pal. :screwy:

Anyway, hopefully the part arrives unscathed. He says he shipped it. Its a great place where you can buy something from someone for asking price and get ridiculed for inquiring about your purchase.

Nuff said - glad to be back over here!

#2 ·
That's messed up that he was all mad and stuff because you wanted to make sure he got the money. You never know with online you got to check.
I tell you ,I will be sure to never buy a part from NASIOC.
Thank you for the info.
I hope your part comes soon and that's it's in good shape.

#3 ·
Not all people on Nasioc are horrible.

I have bought ALOT of parts used from people on Nasioc (either in the local classifieds or the larger classifieds). From a shift knob that was $50 (which brand new is $200) to a Cobb Catback that was $375 used (which is $675 brand new). I have bought alot of other stuff also with no problems what so ever.

I have not had ANY problems. There are always people out there that are shady anywhere and you have to be careful. What exactly did you say in the PM to the person? I would also like to know the details of his response back...

Did you check the guys Seller Rating on Nasioc?

Chibi WRX: just because the OP said he had a bad experience you are NEVER going to buy anything over on Nasioc ever again?? Or have you had a bad experience also? (If so please share) - Don't you live in the MAIC? I also live in the MAIC (Mid-Atlantic) and love the members in our local chapter/region.

I am trying to think of the parts I have bought....

- Cobb Catback
- STi 5speed shift knob
- APS TBE
- '04 Silver STi wheels
- RE070 tires
- STi Authentic Front Lip
- SPT Intake w/ heat shield
- Cobb Turbo Heatshield
- SPT CBE
- ERZ DP (a while back)
- Perrin DP
- Front Speakers

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. All I have bought from Nasioc and all are used parts.

~Jeff~

#15 ·
Okay, I haven't bought anything from NASIOC so I shouldn't agree to not buy there.
I have however posted and shared about my car, and heard from some of the rude people.
So I don't post pics or info of my car there anymore the comments I got really hurt. I know a few rotten apples shouldn't ruin it for me but I'am weird and it does. :unhappy:

I will say I have been visiting and moslty reading the MAIC forms in NASIOC more often since, I would like to meet more Subie owners in my area, and your right we have a very nice group at NASIOC. :)

ClubWRX members as a whole seem so much more kinder, and people here seem to think before they leave a comment that could hurt some else, but in a large club like NASIOC you will have a few rude people that's just whats going to happened. NASIOC is one of the best places to get the word out on Subie meets I will give it that.

I will keep in mind about your good experiences from buying there.
Gotta say you've gotten a lot of cool stuff for a good price. :thumbup:

#5 ·
I never go to NASIOC. I have gone before, but they all seemed rude, so I didn't even bother to register.
Nasioc is a 200,000+ member site. You will always have the *******s, arrogant people, people who don't know what they are talking about, ect...

You just have to not associate with them and ignore their rude comments. Like anywhere there is ALOT of people who don't read the stickies and post threads that have already been answered on the same page sometimes...

I tend to stay in the Classifieds, Members Car Gallery (pictures), and the Local Chapter/Region. I have ventured into Off Topic but definitely don't post in there.

I have been on Nasioc for over 2years and have 15,000 posts and have not had any problems or at least I don't remember them if I did have any since I just go with the flow and move on if someone is a ass.

It's DEFINITELY more of a closer smaller community of Subaru Enthusiasts here. Some people don't like the larger community of Subaru Enthusiasts like Nasioc. Myself I like both. I started off on here. It was my 1st Subaru Forum (that I remember at least) and then I ventured over to Nasioc. At first I hated it because of the design of the forum but it grew on me and I can't get away :rotfl:

Dang I am typing alot tonight :rotfl:

#6 ·
It really isn't like a vendor where you just write off the whole site from a bad experience. NASIOC is the place to go for used parts, and used is a good way to go for many things. Although I did get my MadDad catback NIB here for $450.

Otherwise, I haven't posted there ever and use a different user name because I didn't trust them.

#12 ·
I'll be the first to admit you can't categorize an entire people by one or two a$$es. I was just put off from my first experience there being totally out of the blue rude. I basically wrote to the guy with "hey, just wanted to let you know that the paypal went through, but I'm fairly new at it and would appreciate you letting me know its all set." I am never rude in writing, I've seen too many people get burned with their poison pens. Anyway, I agree with a few of the response posts here saying that it is a good place for used parts - even though I'm *****ing about the experience, I did find my part in under 2 days.

Just gotta vent every once in a while!

#14 ·
I hate nasioc, I only go on there to sell stuff or look for parts I may need and I post in the NW Section on nasioc. thats it. People there are totally rude, think they know it all and pick on the new people or those who haven't been there long. makes people not wanna go back after they join.

Anyways, enough about nasty sock... Welcome to the Club. Enjoy your time here. Lots of Good info here and Lots of great people.

Ohh... and yes, OREGON FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
:tongue:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.