New to the site, new to WRX - Boiled brake fluid!

This is a discussion on New to the site, new to WRX - Boiled brake fluid! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys and gals - I am the proud owner of a new 2009 WRX 5 door, dark gray and ...

Unhappy New to the site, new to WRX - Boiled brake fluid!

Hi guys and gals - I am the proud owner of a new 2009 WRX 5 door, dark gray and in heaven!! Also my first post here.

On my first trip to the track with my WRX, I boiled the brake fluid. I'm thinking a fluid upgrade is in order - and perhaps a pad upgrade as well - any suggestions?

I am also interested in some minor engine mods - preferably ones that will not void my warranty, that can improve power to inch closer to 300bhp, or even a little higher. Is the SPT exhaust and intake a good place to start?? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, what are you using now?
    Here's a link with a few choices mentioned plus the brake bleeding procedure; I don't know if your car is covered in this procedure though:
    Brake Fluid Change Procedure
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Welcome aboard.

Congrats on the WRX wagon!
    Wagon Mafia! LOL

I think SPT is a great way to start.
    I have the Catback/intake/heatsheild in my car.
    They are fantastic and it doesn't hurt the warranty.
    Also the Catback is pretty loud, it's louder then I thought it would be.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome! Glad to have you here!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I went with ATE superblue DOT4 fluid, Goodridge SS lines, and Hawk HPS pads. They do not create as much dust as you may expect. This combo had worked great for me on the street/ track/ and for autox.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Hello, Welcome & Congrats.

Sucks about the brake fluid.

I had the SPT Catback on my '07 WRX and didn't like it. I think had the SPT Catback matted to my Invidia Catless DP and it made it worse. I definitely hated it then. I currently am running Cobb Catback and Invidia Catless DP and <3 it!

There are many options out there for mods. Everyone is different and it might take you a few parts before you actually like it. Say Chibi likes SPT but you may not. The design of the Catbacks on the newer WRX's are different than the older WRX's...

I have gone through ALOT of exhausts!

Stock DP - Stock CBE
    Stock DP - SPT CBE
    ERZ DP - SPT CBE
    Perrin DP - SPT CBE
    Invidia DP - SPT CBE
    Invidia DP - APS CBE
    APS DP - APS CBE
    Invidia DP - HKS Carbon Ti CBE
    Invidia DP - Stromung CBE
    Invidia DP - SPT CBE (back to that for the time being)
    Invidia DP - Cobb CBE
    Indivia DP - STi CBE (the reason for this was due to a rattle in the cobb axleback. Cobb warrantied it and I was shipped a brand new axleback )
    Invidia DP - Cobb CBE

So it took me ALL of those before I found the "right" one

As for other mods. You can get some type of Engine Management (also known as "EM") which would give ya a bit more power. It's considered a "Stage 1" Tune.

I found this link for you. GREAT amount of information for you to read

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

PS: Engine Mods are not the only mods out there - Suspension & Tires are GREAT mods too!

~Jeff~

Quote Originally Posted by jburkenc View Post
    Hi guys and gals - I am the proud owner of a new 2009 WRX 5 door, dark gray and in heaven!! Also my first post here.

On my first trip to the track with my WRX, I boiled the brake fluid. I'm thinking a fluid upgrade is in order - and perhaps a pad upgrade as well - any suggestions?

I am also interested in some minor engine mods - preferably ones that will not void my warranty, that can improve power to inch closer to 300bhp, or even a little higher. Is the SPT exhaust and intake a good place to start?? Thanks!
    Boiling brake fluid...change your rotors to a vented and slotted rotor. Track racing is way too hard on solid stock rotors causing them to overheat.