Just bought a 2009 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just bought a 2009 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Fly Rye please give me suggestions on exhausts, intakes, uppipes, downpipes, and FMIC's. i am looking for ...

spt CBE

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Rye View Post
    please give me suggestions on exhausts, intakes, uppipes, downpipes, and FMIC's. i am looking for the deep tone you hear these sti's rollin with... sounds so sexy. please let me know your favorite brands so i can do research. i just kno nothing about subi's or products for them

Get the Spt Cbe. heres a link where u can buy it for less.

Specials on new and used cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, parts and service specials.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx View Post
    Hey guys! just picked up my 09 WRX wagon yesterday. What do you guys recomend for breaking in the engine? miles? and drving pattern?
    This is my first new car and I came from an RSX type S and looking forward to my new subbie
    first things first dont hijack the thread..start your own!!

Find a nice donor car (STI) and after raping that you can get an accessport and i/h/e
    <-----#1 Fanboi
    Stink-Eye-Mob #19
    ECU cracked by RomRaider

LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    first things first dont hijack the thread..start your own!!

Quote Originally Posted by ergabe View Post
    Get the Spt Cbe. heres a link where u can buy it for less.

Specials on new and used cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, parts and service specials.
    does SPT add horse power like other brands do? meaning will i ge the same amount from SPT that i will from say Cobb? or anything else out there? also whats the recommended diameter for this cbe? 2.75" or should i go 3"? whats a good TBE(turbo back)?

Congrats on the new ride! You're going to love the transition more and more as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by jludban View Post
    I would definitely start with an Accesport from Perrin. Best power gains for the money you can get.
    Perrin doesn't make the accessport. The accessport is made by Cobb. There are perrin maps you can purchase for the AP though. In terms of $$$ per HP, the AP is not the best bang for your buck.

The AP is however probably the easiest to use. Just plug it in, reflash, and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Rye View Post
    does SPT add horse power like other brands do? meaning will i ge the same amount from SPT that i will from say Cobb? or anything else out there? also whats the recommended diameter for this cbe? 2.75" or should i go 3"? whats a good TBE(turbo back)?
    Any brand will add HP. In terms of will brand A add more than brand B, not really. Each company claims different Hp increase. In terms of CBE's, any power gain will be negligible as all they mainly do it change the exhaust sound. Remember, a 3" pipe is a 3" pipe regardless of who makes it. The quality part comes in the welds.
    Last edited by CJ05; 08-27-2009 at 10:53 AM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.