New 02 WRX owner in MD

This is a discussion on New 02 WRX owner in MD within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I just picked up my first Subaru! I'm super excited about it, it needs quite a bit of ...

New 02 WRX owner in MD

Hey all, I just picked up my first Subaru! I'm super excited about it, it needs quite a bit of work, but I think it'll be worth it when I'm done. It's a black (well I guess it's technically super dark blue) 2002 with 98k miles. I don't know much about mods for these things, but I'm sure I'll pick up the lingo here soon. I'm new to Subarus but not new to cars or forums. =)

Sooo.... HI! I'll be around.

-Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's super dark blue then it's a 2.5RS.

If it's a WRX it's World Rally Blue (bright) or black or it's been repainted.

Where in MD are you located...what all does the car need?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Welcome & Congrats.

+1 to where in MD are you located?

Well, I guess it's possible that it was repainted, but the color is the same in the trunk and on the backs of the fenders. And the title lists WRX and I have actually seen the turbo unit. That being said, there could be some discrepancy somewhere, either in the year or something else. As of right now it looks like all it needs is a new clutch master cylinder and slave cyl, and an O2 sensor to fix the code I'm getting. Once it's up and driving I'll be able to check to make sure everything else is up to par.

I'm in the Gaithersburg/Derwood area of MD. I'd love to meet up with some guys if anyone wants to hang out and talk cars. I definitely want to learn all I can about my new toy.

-Dan

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi Welcome to the club.

Congrats on your WRX!

Fitzgerald Subaru in Gaithersburg is having a Subie Meet this weekend.
    You should check it out since you live near the area.
    I have posted all the info on the Mid-Atlantic States section of the forms.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Hi Welcome to the club.

Congrats on your WRX!

Fitzgerald Subaru in Gaithersburg is having a Subie Meet this weekend.
    You should check it out since you live near the area.
    I have posted all the info on the Mid-Atlantic States section of the forms.
    Oh cool I live about 10 minutes from there! I'll try to get the car fixed up by then, now I have a goal.

-Dan

I live in Martinsburg WV and we have big Subaru get togethers all the time! We go racing at Summit Point and Mason Dixon all the time so send me a PM and we can meet up. My bugeye as of now has 310whp and 295 ft/lbs or torque. Hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by emsmap View Post
    I live in Martinsburg WV and we have big Subaru get togethers all the time! We go racing at Summit Point and Mason Dixon all the time so send me a PM and we can meet up. My bugeye as of now has 310whp and 295 ft/lbs or torque. Hit me up
    Wow! that's a lot of power compared to stock! I'm definitely looking forward to learning more about the mods and stuff for these things.

-Dan

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Welcome Dan, congrats you will love it, my 03 just passed 102k miles and it has never needed a major repair.

im also in the area if your ever in the alexandria/springfield area let me know.

what kind of work does it need done?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Welcome Dan, congrats you will love it, my 03 just passed 102k miles and it has never needed a major repair.

im also in the area if your ever in the alexandria/springfield area let me know.

what kind of work does it need done?
    Just needs a little body work on the door for the cosmetic part. Mechanically it needs a new clutch master cylinder and possibly slave cylinder and a new o2 sensor. Other than that it appears to be good.

I won't know any other details until I can actually drive it on the road. I bought the master cylinder last night so if I can work on it when I get home I might actually be able to drive it today.

-Dan