New WRX 04

This is a discussion on New WRX 04 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Some local guy here where i live is selling his wrx because he has to move to another city. the ...

New WRX 04

Some local guy here where i live is selling his wrx because he has to move to another city. the car only has 52,000 miles and i am listing the mods so that you can tell me if it is a good buy all of this for 13,000

sti brembo brakes
    greddy exahaust and downpipe
    all the body kit of the sti including interior parts
    BBS rims
    front mount intercooler
    hallman boost controller
    injen intake
    pressure plate stage 2
    flywheel stage 2

No change in engine internals
    and it comes with Cobb computer
    he got a semi aggressive tune with 385 at the crank not the at wheel and he is running at 19 psi of boost

The car has a new clutch

i drove the car and it runs grate i am uploading a photo so you can tell me about it by the way i want it for a daily driver so i guess i will put down the boost to 14psi and put a less aggressive tune. so what do you think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUBARU_47.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Some local guy here where i live is selling his wrx because he has to move to another city. the car only has 52,000 miles and i am listing the mods so that you can tell me if it is a good buy all of this for 13,000

sti brembo brakes
    greddy exahaust and downpipe
    all the body kit of the sti including interior parts
    BBS rims
    front mount intercooler
    hallman boost controller
    injen intake
    pressure plate stage 2
    flywheel stage 2

No change in engine internals
    and it comes with Cobb computer
    he got a semi aggressive tune with 385 at the crank not the at wheel and he is running at 19 psi of boost

The car has a new clutch

i drove the car and it runs grate i am uploading a photo so you can tell me about it by the way i want it for a daily driver so i guess i will put down the boost to 14psi and put a less aggressive tune. so what do you think
    it LOOKS clean but at 52k miles it shouldnt have needed a new cluch less he was EXTREMLY unlucky or he drove the poor thing to death

i also am weary of mods to the drivetrain itself.. then again maby im paranoid. if i was looking at it id have a shop look over it before i thought about touching it... this is all imo though as im not the most knowledgeable person (yet) on this subject.

another thing i would check is gas milage... i dont know if they will do anything to hurt it but i would check some stats online to see if these particular mods hurt fuel economy.

do it

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    if i were looking for a subaru- i'd refuse to buy one that has modifications like that.

get a stock one & avoid the hassle of buying someone else's headache

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

The car has a new clurch because he replace The original not because The other was damage i seen it my self ,i know your point of buying a car stock but y I am putting The exact same things on The car if i had it stock, and besides The mechanic that deal with The car is one of The best around here where i live so he is whiling to give me The car for 12500 including The cobb computer because he need The money for The trip so im thinking of buying it i will try to take it to another mechanic to see what he tells me. Thans for your help and please comment

definitely get it inspected by a mechanic first.
    Ic its all good then buy buy it.
    I paid 13.5 for mine.

p.s. get rid of the boost controller. A boost controller will apply boost as set all the time and blow your engine. Let a good tune do the job.
    Current Ride:'04 JBP WRX Stage 2!

Previous Ride: 96' Civic EJ8 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    The car has a new clurch because he replace The original not because The other was damage i seen it my self.
    so your saying its an aftermarket clutch?? if so i wouldnt touch this car with a 10 ft pole... if somone mods .. say... the body with a new spoiler and doesent do a good job... it will just look bad. if he did the clutch flywheel and pressure plate... you could have a serious problem if he wasnt an expert. deff have a mecanic give it a once over before u buy. better to pay a little to know if it is in good shape than to find out it i in bad shape next month after you bought it.