New to forums & subaru world - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to forums & subaru world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; only 1 k&n shortram planning on getting a downpipe/up-pipe/and cat back either this or next month...

only 1 k&n shortram planning on getting a downpipe/up-pipe/and cat back either this or next month

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by broke_s13 View Post
    only 1 k&n shortram planning on getting a downpipe/up-pipe/and cat back either this or next month
    ahh gotcha.

I don't see some type of engine management on your list... Definitely don't want to forget that.

There is some choices out there for ya.

Check these links out (scroll down a bit): > FAQ - Support Threads <

~Jeff~

The 04 looks clean! Definitly look into engine management/tune, though with the 2.0L it's not 100% necessary as they don't have the boost creep issues the 2.5L have had with aftermarket downpipes, still recommended in order to meet full power potential.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

thanks for the advice i plan on going SAFC since ive owned and tuned with it before but i dont know still new but ill figure something out

I could be wrong but doesn't the SAFC only mess with A/F ratios? I bought one when i had my eclipse but never installed it.

Alot of people use the Cobb AP's. The V1's can be had used for a couple hundred and the AP V2's for a few hundred more used. (got mine for $450 shipped used).

Go to this link and read the stickys at the top
    Tuning: Electronic Engine Management - ClubWRX Forum - Subaru Impreza WRX and STi Community and Forums
    Last edited by CJ05; 08-04-2009 at 09:18 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

yes thats what they deal with i figured that would be goodenough i will actually have to research and see what i can do then my options are endless at this point

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.