New member and proud owner of 09 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member and proud owner of 09 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good Day All, Just bought a brand new 09 WR Blue WRX. I've been wanting a WRX or its Big ...

New member and proud owner of 09 WRX

Good Day All,

Just bought a brand new 09 WR Blue WRX. I've been wanting a WRX or its Big Bro STI for quite some time now, and I'm very glad to say I've pulled the trigger! I simply couldn't be happier! Being a former 04 S2K owner, I've always been fond of a Good Lookin' quick car. It's nice to finally have that speed that I crave....and a back seat to have the family along with me. I went with the Sedan as I prefer the look, please don't think too poorly of me. Anyway here are some pics of it thus far. Thanks very much, I look forward to being a part of the Proud Subaru Community!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rex Looking Mean.jpg   Rex Looking Sharp.jpg   Rex Smiling.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Congrats & Welcome.

Any plans for her? WRB is my favorite color!

XTC
    looks HOT

DUB
    congrats and welcome, again.

lol @ the file names.

Looks good and welcome.

That's awesome man. That's exactly what I want, WRX, 4-door, Blue.

Due to financial reasons near end of 2010 model year will work better for me. Just hope they don't screw anything up next year.

welcome. congrats on the car
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!,and congrats on the WRX.
    She is a beautifiul ride.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Well, ty all very much for the warm welcome! As far as plans for lil blue beauty, I've always been a tad timid when it came to mods. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do a lot to her and I'm sure down the road I will. Especially seeing how much fun and success a large number of the members have expressed in their moding endeavors.

I feel as though its a fantastic ride stock and for what my immediate needs and wants are she'll probably remain so for a tic'. They only really changes I'd had in mind were were mostly aesthetic.

Perhaps some "Defi" guages, a K&N Typhoon Intake, Tinting the windows, a short-throw shifter. Who knows? I know its not much thus far, so please don't flame too much lol.

your'e gonna love it! i just picked up my wrx a few days ago and i'm still in awe.
    FREEEEDOMMM!!!!!

2000 FBP Civic SI - stolen/sold
    2005 PSM WRX - current

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadRex25 View Post
    Well, ty all very much for the warm welcome! As far as plans for lil blue beauty, I've always been a tad timid when it came to mods. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to do a lot to her and I'm sure down the road I will. Especially seeing how much fun and success a large number of the members have expressed in their moding endeavors.

I feel as though its a fantastic ride stock and for what my immediate needs and wants are she'll probably remain so for a tic'. They only really changes I'd had in mind were were mostly aesthetic.

Perhaps some "Defi" guages, a K&N Typhoon Intake, Tinting the windows, a short-throw shifter. Who knows? I know its not much thus far, so please don't flame too much lol.
    I said the same thing about not modding the car... lol
    Good little mod list you have in mind so far. I have prosport gauges and I <3 them. Have had them for about 1.5yrs now. ALOT cheaper than defi

I'd drop the $700 for the Cobb Tune stage 1 after 1K or 2K miles are on it. You aren't supposed to do an intake with that though.
    Supposedly instant approx +40 HP and TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by jjwink View Post
    I'd drop the $700 for the Cobb Tune stage 1 after 1K or 2K miles are on it. You aren't supposed to do an intake with that though.
    Supposedly instant approx +40 HP and TQ.
    stage 2 is approx 40 hp not stage 1.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

"Stage1 for Stock Vehicles. 93 Octane fuel. +16% HP / +21.8% lb. ft."

265 HP X 0.16 = +42 HP
    244 lb/ft X 0.218 = +53 TQ

???????
    Last edited by jjwink; 08-03-2009 at 07:04 PM.

After doing much research and reading on modding my 09, my recommendations are don't do anything engine wise yet. Make sure you follow the break in procedure listed in the manual.

First thing is find out your build date, it's listed on the driver door jam plate. If it's after 9/2008 you're good to go, if it's earlier we need to talk.

A good place to start is window tint whichs makes a world of difference in this 105 degree heat. Next CBE and/or short throw shifter is a big plus. The throw length on mine from 1 to 2 gear is 3" and the new bushings makes it a very precise shifter.

Adding a CAI is not recommending unless you get a custom tune due to AF issues, etc. Don't trust what the manufactures claim. There are independent dyno tests that prove this and they do add HP when done correctly.

The Cobb stage one map for the 09s is as listed below by jjwink per their website and Perrin is about the same..

most of all Have FUN with her, I know I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast