New member and proud owner of 09 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New member and proud owner of 09 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Awesome, suggestions and feedback all. Believe me, being new to the Subaru World and moding in general I welcome any ...

Awesome, suggestions and feedback all. Believe me, being new to the Subaru World and moding in general I welcome any and all advice. Granted I'd definitely do the homework before taking the plunge.

RE: The comments made by wrxmike09. Yes, I'm doing my absolute best to properly break in the vehicle. I'm always worried about messing something up, and believe me I want this baby to last. I'm trying to take it easy, and i've only slightly exceeded 4000 rpms a handful of times. Hopefully thats not too bad . I reallly hope it isn't lol. I got the vehicle on Friday and have less the 300 miles on it thus far. The build date is 04/09 so from what I've read I'm well in the clear.

I'll definitely take a look at the Stage 1 Map, but I'd imagine there are some major warranty draw backs on that one. Then again, most non-SPT mods would likely cause warranty woes should they go south.

As far as the CAI, I'd simply read a recent article in C&D magazine stating there were nice results from the simple addition. I've always loved the note that accompanied a CAI, and I'd hope that it would definitely be a sweet sound on the Rex. Granted they did have a CBE and custom tune that accompanied the few mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadRex25 View Post
    As far as the CAI, I'd simply read a recent article in C&D magazine stating there were nice results from the simple addition. I've always loved the note that accompanied a CAI, and I'd hope that it would definitely be a sweet sound on the Rex. Granted they did have a CBE and custom tune that accompanied the few mods.
    That's why the results were "nice".

I'm sorry, I misread and misquoted the article in C&D. They initially started with the K&N typhoon kit and reportedly gained 17 hp and a torque increase of 21 pound-feet alone. After which a Magnaflow exhaust was installed increasing the torque alone by 10 pound-feet.

Each of these "reported" gains were made with the parts installed individually, but after combining the two the final pre-tuned gains were increases in hp by 11 and torque by 20 pound-feet. Obviously the numbers didn't mesh with the individual gains of the parts, and it was concluded that the stock ECU couldn't facilitate the extra airflow at both ends.

Finally, they opted for the Cobb AccessPort and downpipe but no preset maps accounted for an aftermarket intake resulting in the need for the "custom tune". After all was said and done whp was increased by 57 and torque was up 68 pound-feet.

Anyway, I'm sorry if this comes across as redundant but I felt the need to correct my previous post.

i just sold my s2000 for my 09 wrx too haha..i also have wr blue just like you

I was about to pick up a WRB sedan but found my primary silver a lot closer to me. Wish you the best with this car. She's a lot of fun, isn't she?

Welcome to the forum! I am REALLY liking the blue ones a lot!

True story involving the S2000. I drove around the Honda lot in my Prelude on a search for their sports cars. When my search failed, I walked inside to see if they could find me a used S2000 I could trade in on.
    The head honcho LITERALLY laughed at me.
    So I traded in the Prelude across the street for the WRX. Let's just say Subaru got the last laugh. The End.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/CIMG0043.jpg

It's worth the wait to get out of the break in period. I was out of break in within a month. Oops! That's when you'll really start enjoying it.

I've got just about 350 more miles to go....Im content with how the car drives now. I really like the feel of the boost.

lucky ..i still got 700 mi to go untill im fully broken in..ill admit it tho.. ive snuck a couple boost runs in there..so hard to resist!

I hit boost almost everytime I drive the car, especially on the freeway. I make sure to stay below 4k. At one point, I followed a caravan to a local car meet and noticed that I was hitting 100 mph and the needle was jus over the 4k mark (i was in 5th gear). I soon let off due to paranoia that I would crash the car or blow up the engine...

I should hit the 1k mark by the end of the week. Even after that, Im gonna baby her like crazy. Maybe raise my rev limit to 5k instead of 4....

I aIso have a new 09. About 350 miles on her. Still on the tank of gas that she came with. I am really trying to baby her but it is SOOO hard. So far I think I have only gone over 4k RPM's once. Is 1,000 miles the recommened break in period? not that I am going to drag race her the second she hits 1,001.

Yea it's in the owners manual. I am following it to the t, well except for the one time where I hit 5k trying to merge onto traffic. Other than that, I've been pretty loyal to the break in.

NEED HELP with New 08 WRX

just got my baby about a week ago with 20,000 miles on her. Came with the SPT exhaust system and im looking to put a few MODS on her soon but dont know where to start. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex08Wrx View Post
    just got my baby about a week ago with 20,000 miles on her. Came with the SPT exhaust system and im looking to put a few MODS on her soon but dont know where to start. any suggestions?
    The short throw shifter and STI bushing is a big plus. The throw length on mine from 1 to 2 gear is now 3" and the new bushings makes it a very precise shifter. No more slop, I have the SPT but there are others that are cheaper.

I confirmed with CObb that there is a slim chance that a top notch tech could dig and fine that the ECU had been flashed. Nomally they don't dig that deep but if you come in with a blown turbo or engine they may just dig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.