p304
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on p304 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im new to owning a subaru but my light came on and i checked it and this was the number, ...

p304

im new to owning a subaru but my light came on and i checked it and this was the number, and i need to pass emmissions test how much will it cost to repair and what are the effects it will put on my engine until i get it fixed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's a misfire on no. 4 cyl and there could be a number of causes. Either take the car to a shop or check the ignition system, assuming the car is stock. If the car is modified, list those parts and maybe someone with a similar setup can add some info.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

say i clear the ecu and dont fix it what are the long term effects?

I Support ClubWRX
    Since we don't know what's causing the code we can't say.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

welll i reset the ecu and ran it until it rest it self and the code did not come back does that mean it could have been an error? or did i make things worse.

I Support ClubWRX
    It could have been an error but it is highly unlikely. The vehicle needs to cycle (key turn to hot or start) several times with the same code before the light will return. Im guessing it will return, it may just take a few days. As far as long term damage, since the number 4 cylinder is the weakest and misfiring is very bad in a forced induction car you could have a number 4 cylinder detonation. Which in turn would only be fixed with installing a new shortblock. So it comes back to this... Couple hundred now for maintainence or couple thousand later for lack there of? Id personally choose the couple hundred. Good luck man!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.