where do i start?

This is a discussion on where do i start? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got my stock 04 wrx not too long ago and im looking to do some upgrades. any suggestions on ...

where do i start?

Just got my stock 04 wrx not too long ago and im looking to do some upgrades. any suggestions on where i should start?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First make sure the car is up to date on all required service and everything is at least factory spec. Fluids, belts, filters, everything. Prefer authentic Subaru parts.

You could always stop here and enjoy. No? Reconsider. Still no?

Then start on the ground. If your climate allows it get a very sticky set of summer compounds on whatever wheels the car has right now (don't buy wheels, it's a waste - the car already has wheels). This will make the most difference. The harder you can turn, brake, and steer, the quicker the car will be.

Next just work your way in and up. From the wheels look at brake pads, next look at the strut inserts, next the sway bars, next the springs.

The car already makes adequate power. You can stop there IMO.

If not, look at a management system and an up pipe. Keep in mind replacing the up pipe will violate federal emissions restrictions.

No matter what, add power last -- if at all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

start with the driver mod, im not saying you dont know how to drive but knowing how to drive your car the best you can is the best mod ever. than adding other parts to accent your driver mod
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    start with the driver mod, im not saying you dont know how to drive but knowing how to drive your car the best you can is the best mod ever. than adding other parts to accent your driver mod
    Best advice I have heard in a long time.