Quick Question Ppl

This is a discussion on Quick Question Ppl within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so I've been trying to find a Subaru for like ever now and finally found one for ,200.00. Its ...

Quick Question Ppl

Ok so I've been trying to find a Subaru for like ever now and finally found one for $4,200.00. Its an '03 WRX with 65,000 miles. It's a 5-speed with a Greddy Turbo XS, body kit, 7 inch in dash DVD player and much more. The only problem is the clutch pressure plate needs to be repaired. My brother says it's not worth it but this is my first car and i wanna know from someone who knows about Subaru's ha ha. I'm slowly but surely learning more and more but at the moment don't know much about them. So someone PLEASE help me out a little. Thank you
    BroHoe2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    sounds like a nightmare.

for a first car i'd look for a civic or some sort of honda, as they are really reliable and great on gas.

if you must have a subaru find a stock, unmodified car with low mileage.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

dont buy that. trust me, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. if you want a wrx then it is always best to buy it totally stock. When cars are modded how do you think they were driven? I'v seen it way too many times where ppl find a car they couldnt normally afford cuz it is cheap and they find all these problems, buy it stock or a different car.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

I Support ClubWRX
    i saw a bone stock 03 wrx wagon (automatic) with a blown motor, sell for 4000.. "THAT" one you found sounds like a bunch of trouble.. #1, it's got a TXS BOV.. #2 it needs a clutch at 65k miles.. Obviously the current owner hasn't a clue.. Listen to your brother.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

If the pressure plate needs to be "repaired", you can't drive the car, correct?

Assume the worst and be under the assumption that it was driven with a damaged pressure plate. It'll need a new flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. The tranny will have to be dropped and those components will have to be replaced.

However, what you should really be worried about is the possibility that the motor and tranny were run with an unbalanced load. This can damage the crank, main seal, tranny input shaft bearing, etc. Unless you're pretty darned mechanically inclined, i'd be walking past it to look at the next one on the list.

-Nick

Follow the advice of these people... KEEP LOOKING.
    I was somewhat unlucky with my purchase of an 04' WRX with mild mods. Not that I would have changed anything at all cause I was smart and purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle which has covered most of my issues. But seriously, sounds like you are getting into a lot of issues that are tucked away inside and just waiting for the right time to pop out, like having someone mount you main radiator hose on backwards which in turn caused the alternator belt to slowly cut into the hose which eventually sliced all the way through..... you see where I going with this... There are deals out there you just have to be patient. Good things come to those who wait or to those who buy a NEW Subaru.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"