Picked up a WRX finally!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Picked up a WRX finally!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OP: Where at in Baltimore are you located? wrxtreme06: why are you including 04/05 WRX's in the same group? They ...

Banned
    OP: Where at in Baltimore are you located?

wrxtreme06: why are you including 04/05 WRX's in the same group? They don't have 2.5L engines like the 04-09 STi's/06-09 WRX's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I live in Perry hall, about 5 minutes away from White Marsh mall.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rfital87 View Post
    I live in Perry hall, about 5 minutes away from White Marsh mall.
    oh gotcha.

Check out Buffalo Wild Wings at White Marsh Mall every other Wednesday Night (next meet is this coming Wednesday)

Decent amount of Subies come out

Sweet what time does everyone get there? I'll definetly roll up for a bit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rfital87 View Post
    Sweet what time does everyone get there? I'll definitely roll up for a bit
    7pm is the "start" time but some people get up there around 6:45pm or so and then people talk for a bit until around 7:30pm and go in and eat.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ITGUY123 View Post
    wrxtreme06: why are you including 04/05 WRX's in the same group? They don't have 2.5L engines like the 04-09 STi's/06-09 WRX's.
    huh? i was grouping 04-09 wrx's because 04+ wrx's & sti's all need engine management for a turboback exhaust, whereas an 02/03 is a little more lenient and doesnt require a tune

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    whereas an 02/03 is a little more lenient and doesnt require a tune
    can you explain this to me compared to 04/05's.

i understand why the 06-09's need the tune more than the others but not understanding why the 04-05's are being put in the same category as the 06-09's?

Thanks

7pm is the "start" time but some people get up there around 6:45pm or so and then people talk for a bit until around 7:30pm and go in and eat.
    Thats perfect I go to ballys at the avenue for an hour or so everyday at around 6 so i'll just shoot on over right after my workout.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    can you explain this to me compared to 04/05's.

i understand why the 06-09's need the tune more than the others but not understanding why the 04-05's are being put in the same category as the 06-09's?

Thanks
    After '03 there is a difference in the way the transition from closed loop to open loop works that can make you go lean with a DP and no tune. '02-'03 is also more tolerant of a marginal boost increase but I'm not sure why. You can push 1-2 psi with a MBC on a bugeye, but not on your car. What she said about the DP is true.

Yes, a tune is your top priority. Opensource is as safe as any other option just get your map from a reliable source and logging is always a good idea.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    After '03 there is a difference in the way the transition from closed loop to open loop works that can make you go lean with a DP and no tune. '02-'03 is also more tolerant of a marginal boost increase but I'm not sure why. You can push 1-2 psi with a MBC on a bugeye, but not on your car. What she said about the DP is true.

Yes, a tune is your top priority. Opensource is as safe as any other option just get your map from a reliable source and logging is always a good idea.
    Thanks for the explanation

key word about opensource is RELIABLE source.. that's what scared me when I was looking at engine management a few years back... I had a couple friends who "said" they could do an opensource tune but I don't trust them.... I'd rather go other ways. Just felt safer but everyone has their own opinions.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the explanation

key word about opensource is RELIABLE source.. that's what scared me when I was looking at engine management a few years back... I had a couple friends who "said" they could do an opensource tune but I don't trust them.... I'd rather go other ways. Just felt safer but everyone has their own opinions.
    It really isn't rocket science. The maps now available from commercial sources like 555motorsports & xpt are well tested. Most will give you an option of submitting logs to get a more customized tune very inexpensively (basically road tuning your car) & verify safety. If you take a few minutes to learn how to log and better yet a few hours to read logs you can verify for yourself if you have a safe tune. Or just download and run learning view and make sure your IAM is pegged at least. It has come a long long way in two years.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.