WRX Audio quality

This is a discussion on WRX Audio quality within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I test drove a '09 WRX Premium yesterday. The car was a blast to drive, but the audio, to put ...

WRX Audio quality

I test drove a '09 WRX Premium yesterday. The car was a blast to drive, but the audio, to put it bluntly, sucked eggs. The car had the premium package with 6 cd changer and mp3 but the quality of the audio was just atrocious--significantly worse than the Bose in my Taurus, or in either of the other cars I test drove. Was there an issue with dealer prep, or is paying for the stock stereo in a WRX a waste of money?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Dealer prep won't ruin a stereo.

And yes, Subaru's audio components suck.

Dang. Ok. Since I'm looking at the premium, then it probably makes little sense to get anything more than the base stereo.

If I go aftermarket for the stereo, how hard is it to get a stereo that will integrate well with the rest of the components in the WRX, including using the factory steering wheel controls?

Secondly, can anyone post pictures/links of good aftermarket installs of stereos in the 08/09 WRXs, your experiences, etc? I'd like to see what the installs look like, fit issues, etc, because if I buy a new WRX, it means a new stereo.

i agree. I got my 09 wrx in june and too this day i have yet to listen to the radio more than 2 times.

I just want to know how a $24-25K car can have such a ****ty radio.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    johnbono, if you haven't joined NASIOC, I recommend you do so. I don't see many audio questions posted here so I don't know if you'll get an answer on this forum. NASIOC has an audio subforum that sees more relevant traffic. If you want, PM Audiosavvy on there ask him what you just posted. Tell him Vahnatai told you to ask him.