09 wrx hatch owner!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 wrx hatch owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up guys, I'm new to subaru and just recently picked up an 09 satin white pearl wrx hatchback. I'm ...

09 wrx hatch owner!

What's up guys, I'm new to subaru and just recently picked up an 09 satin white pearl wrx hatchback. I'm sure glad I got one because this car is awesome. I owned a 2007 Civic Si and decided to make a change. It's got such great power and looks amazing. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the stereo system. Any ideas on improvements? What does everyone think of the tail lights as well? I'm hoping to do the accessport soon. Well here she is!

Last edited by 09wrxwagon; 07-28-2009 at 11:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks sweeeet, and welcome to the club
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Hey man were you on 8th civic. I traded my 2006 Si for my 09 wrx hatch as well.

l had the comptech supercharger on mine but the torque just doesnt compare to the WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the WRX!
    She is very beautiful, love the white.
    I think the tail-lights look fine stock,but I have seen a 09 STi that had smoke tail-light covers that look pretty cool as well.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Yup, i was on 8th civic as well. I know the torque is a huge difference. I only had bolt ons but I'm in love with the power of the wrx. Are you thinking of doing the accessport?

Quote Originally Posted by 09wrxwagon View Post
    Yup, i was on 8th civic as well. I know the torque is a huge difference. I only had bolt ons but I'm in love with the power of the wrx. Are you thinking of doing the accessport?
    not any time soon. i have a wedding to pay for.

Congrats- I picked-up my '09 back in April and love it so far...there are definitely a few minor annoyances though;
    - stereo, even on the premium package, def sucks...best option is to update the HU I think- see if the it sounds better..then maybe do a speaker upgrade? I haven't done this yet but plan on it
    - paint sucks- every little rock makes a mark...esp on my car which is grey the front end has many surface scratches already (which drives me insane)...if anyone knows of an easy fix for these, lmk- I've tried polishing them out but that doesn't quite do the trick
    - suspension is a tad too soft..a little stiffer would be ideal- something i plan to address soon!
    - the tire pressure monitoring system is cool- but the light just start coming-on the other day for no apparent reason (my tires are inflated to manf spec)...it goes been going on and off which is annoying but not a big deal

Otherwise the car is a lot of fun, super fast, and great looking (in my opinion)..enjoy!

if you had the money....

Would you of gotten the STI? I am about to pull the trigger on a 2009 STI or the 5 door WRX, I know logically the WRX is the way to go for day to day driving, but I just dont want to get it and then regret not getting the STI. I can afford both, I know I wont use the STI for track days, but just to haul my 2 kids around to school and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasfin View Post
    Would you of gotten the STI? I am about to pull the trigger on a 2009 STI or the 5 door WRX, I know logically the WRX is the way to go for day to day driving, but I just dont want to get it and then regret not getting the STI. I can afford both, I know I wont use the STI for track days, but just to haul my 2 kids around to school and back.
    you answered your question IMO. If you got the money and are looking for something to build into a track car or "street race car" the STI is going to be the way to go. But if your just looking for a clean ride that has the power to pass traffic as you please, go for the wrx. No point spending the money on stuff you're not really going to use.

Sweet ride....kinda rmeinds me of mine though, you may wanna go back and get a different color

just skip stage one and go for the gusto, stage 2 that thing.

DUB
    I don't know why, exactly, but this pic made me lol. Yup, all the hinges work.

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I don't know why, exactly, but this pic made me lol. Yup, all the hinges work.
    I agree, reminds me of a venus flytrap, patiently waiting to eat its unsuspecting passengers

sti is damn sexy looking- but for 10K more and double the insurance money it wasn't worth it- the wrx is the way to go- it's just as fast as the sti and w/ a few mods the performance will be all you need..(go w/ the premium package and you get the sunroof!)
    Last edited by LI_Will; 07-30-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    you answered your question IMO. If you got the money and are looking for something to build into a track car or "street race car" the STI is going to be the way to go. But if your just looking for a clean ride that has the power to pass traffic as you please, go for the wrx. No point spending the money on stuff you're not really going to use.
    Yeah I agree, the sti is just too expensive to want a nice daily driver. The wrx has lots of power and looks virtually the same.

i also thing the wrx exceeds just the 'power to pass traffic'...it friggin' hauls ass if you ask me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.