Hello, new to the forum and have some questions

This is a discussion on Hello, new to the forum and have some questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I just joined today because I have a few questions that I need some help with. I am currently ...

Hello, new to the forum and have some questions

Hi, I just joined today because I have a few questions that I need some help with. I am currently switching over from off-roading and trucks to the car scene. I am looking at getting a bug-eye and have driven a few but have some questions that need to be answered. First off I found an 02 near my house that needs a new engine. I have done an engine swap before on my 1985 Toyota pickup and was wondering how hard they are on a Subaru? I have mechanical knowledge so I am not a newbie to working on cars. Secondly, I know there is the 2.0 engine and the 2.5, I am just wondering which engine comes in what car? is it the difference between the STI and the rs ? Anyways, any help would be great and I hope to learn some new info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Engine swaps are feasible but not great fun, and parts tend to be a bit costly (though not outrageous).

WRX cars before 2006 came with a 2L turbo motor. WRX STi cars of any year in the US came with a 2.5L turbo motor. RS, TS, and anything other than WRX +/- STi cars came with atmospherically aspirated motors that aren't relevant if you are buying a WRX car.

Given any choice at all I'd buy a car that runs correctly, since there's no way of knowing what else went (or is about to go) wrong with a car that's at most 7 years old but not running.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i wouldnt touch that car. 02 is a great year but if a wrx has one thing wrong, it probly has more. look at the previous owner, if it looks like they may have possibly driven it hard, they did.

wrx=2.0
    STi=2.5

many ppl swap the 2.0 for the 2.5
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->