Another newbie, thought I'd introduce myself...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another newbie, thought I'd introduce myself... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey what's up everyone. I'm a newbie to Subaru's I picked up an 09 WRX two days ago and I ...

Cool Another newbie, thought I'd introduce myself...

Hey what's up everyone. I'm a newbie to Subaru's I picked up an 09 WRX two days ago and I must say, I like it so far. I'm new to Subaru's but not to cars. I've been into the scene for years now and I only ever owned, built and worked on Toyotas, Hondas and Acuras (same thing). I liked what I read about the new WRX and decided to give it a spin. I'm pretty sure that I'll learn more about them as I go along but I thought I'd ask you experts if there was anything in specific in regards to WRX's, especially this model that I should be aware of. I'm not planning on modifying too much. As far as performance goes, I'm going with the SPT exhaust, K&N drop in filter, and the Cobb Accessport reflash in the near future. Maybe a Cobb downpipe later on down the line. Any recommendations or words of advice? Thanks in advance and I look forward to being an active member of this community!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man it seems like everyone is buying 09 wrxs lately, thats not a bad thing they are badarse cars
    Welcome to the club and post some pics if you can
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

welcome and conradulations! ^i thnk more people might be buying 09s because of their performance and less "edgy" look as oppose to the earlier models
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

Quote Originally Posted by falkonsti View Post
    ^i thnk more people might be buying 09s because of their performance and less "edgy" look as oppose to the earlier models
    The performance is awesome, but, I love the "edgy" look of the older models
    What is happening to this world...
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the older models' looks, especially the 04-05 Sti and the 06-07 Sti. I actually test drove an 07 Sti that had an exhaust and I was impressed, what a beast. The dealership was asking a reasonable price but the car had body work done to it and the guys was telling me that it was original paint. Like I said, I'm not new to cars and it needed brake pads. He wasn't willing to negotiate so I lost trust in the dealership and went with the new WRX, which was less than that 07 Sti. I'll post some pics up as soon as I get familiar with the website and learn how! lol...any advice on the mods?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the club

Good choice of mods, or enjoy it stock for a while.

Suspension mods are good because they will not care as much if you need warranty work. What kind of tires do they give out these days?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

Welcome noob!!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

welcome! now, let's see some pics.

I Support ClubWRX
    What's up what's up?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the WRX, and welcome aboard!
    Also nice mod-list also I would love to see some pics of your ride.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

You may need a custom tune on the AccessPort.

According to Car & Driver, who's using the 09WRX in their 'gear' section, Cobb didn't have a map for a WRX with an intake and exhaust, as there were far too many combinations to account for.

Nice to see another sedan.
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

Yeah, I like the sedan a little more than the hatch. I remember D Sport Magazine did a test and tune session with the 09 WRX and got some good results. They used the K&N drop in filter, Cobb downpipe and Stage 1 Cobb AccessPORT reflash. It was the March 2009 issue to be exact. The baseline dyno run netted 226.8 whp and 230.4 lb-ft tq. After these three mods, it jumped to 245 whp and 274.6 lb-ft tq. Think a cat-back or turbo back exhaust will increase or throw these numbers off? Maybe with the exhaust the Cobb level 2 map can be used?

Hi and welcome
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by tonyturbo13 View Post
    Yeah, I like the sedan a little more than the hatch. I remember D Sport Magazine did a test and tune session with the 09 WRX and got some good results. They used the K&N drop in filter, Cobb downpipe and Stage 1 Cobb AccessPORT reflash. It was the March 2009 issue to be exact. The baseline dyno run netted 226.8 whp and 230.4 lb-ft tq. After these three mods, it jumped to 245 whp and 274.6 lb-ft tq. Think a cat-back or turbo back exhaust will increase or throw these numbers off? Maybe with the exhaust the Cobb level 2 map can be used?
    well the stage2 map is supposed to be used when there is an aftermarket downpipe. so those numbers may be when using the stage 2 map like its supposed to, or maybe they accidentally didnt flash the stage 2 map and used the stage 1
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.